• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Fuel

Keith_J

Everything from almost 2000 and up uses a BG products synthetic called part #2134! Synthetics are now very common, should I seriously avoid this or just dilute it better with a diesel from the station pump! I really want to try this out as I own multiple Deuces!
Synthetics burn just fine. It is silicone oil that won't burn properly.

I would recommend diluting all motor oil with at least 50% kerosene or diesel because the increased viscosity puts a much greater load on the injector pump.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
cessnatwin,
Make sure your stuff is clean and water free, and dump it in! I wish I had the kind of supply you do! The truck will love it, trust us. I think mine runs better on a blend of different fuels than straight pump diesel.

IMA944T

How about in the winter or colder weather. In Oklahoma city we see few months in the 30's sometimes 20's then back to the 40's and low 50's in the same month. I have the ether cold start kit but does the fuel get thick and not good like straight diesel??? I would run 50/50 diesel and UMO or tranny fluid.

TexAndy

Synthetics burn just fine. It is silicone oil that won't burn properly.

I would recommend diluting all motor oil with at least 50% kerosene or diesel because the increased viscosity puts a much greater load on the injector pump.

How hard overall would it be on the engine if you centrifuged all your UMO with something like that dieselcraft widget and then cut it 50/50 with diesel?

AndrewH

Winter weather in Michigan can be as cold as you want to imagine, I live 50 Miles south of the Mackinaw bridge, so what I am saying is while I don't live in alaska, it can get damn cold here. All last winter I ran mixed fuel, approx 50/50 diesel and UMO. You know as well as I do, It will be the middle of a cold spell during a blizzard with the plow truck stuck in the drive and you need to go to work, that is when you would have a problem. I never had a problem starting my truck. Never had to jump it or any of that bs. Just as been said before, keep it clean and run it!

BugEyeBear

ATF has a lot of cleaning agents in it.

In the past I've used ATF in engines with dirty hydraulic lifters that were ticking. Added a quart to the motor oil, let it run for awhile, and the lifter ticking would simply disappear.

I've also used ATF in engines that have been stored for a long while. Added it to the motor oil & it helps to loosen sticky piston rings.

I would have to guess that it would be good for keeping the multifuel injector system clean too!

res0wc18

they dont tax waste motor oil or used veg oil. do you get screwed if you get caught running that too??

idc either way, i dont run off road on road. i keep it green in my dodge diesel and i dont run my deuce on the highway. but if you run everything and the kitchen sink in your fuel tank, can they do tests and see if theres off road in there too?

so being the green leaders that we are here in Wa we have exemption laws for bio and alternative fuels for personel use. I can legally make 2500 gallons a year and not pay a single cent in tax.

But if it ever did come to it i would have no problem proving my innocence, because it says multifuel on the motor officer :wink:

As far as filtering goes i had an old fuel transfer tank laying around that i drop a 220v 5500w water heater element in till its completely submerged and then turn it on. It gets the 90 gallons boiling hot in about 20 mins. I then simply flip the lever and turn on the pump assembly that i have a 10 micron prefilter spin on napa fuel filter and a racor canister 2 micron type final and i just put the nozzle in the fill neck tie the handle to the on position and let it run till it wont pump anymore(about 35 minutes) this no matter what filters the entire contents about 20 times.

dkr223

hi. im new to ss but i have been a diesel mechanic since before i could walk. i eat sleep and breathe diesel smoke. E-85 or any other octane of gasoline in any diesel engine(even a multi fuel) is not good for long term use. it was only designed to burn it to get soldiers out of sticky situations. if the price of diesel bothers you, as it bothers me too, i suggest lookin into waste motor oil. its cheap and highly effective if filtered properly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks