• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce fuel

barnetc1

Ok just turned my deuce fuel up, i know there are tons of forums on this but none answer my question were i get better understanding. People say turn it 4 flats?????? I dont understand 4 flats, when i turned the fuel up there were 1/2 inch more of threads showing on the rod than before i turned it up. I know people say turn up the fuel till smoke comes out as you throttle but not why cruising. Thats how i have it adjusted. I know there is alot more room for adjustment but dont plan on going anymore, just wanted more power on hills not a hotrod. I dont drive over 50 mph anyway, in no hurry to get anywhere. i run 50/50 deisel and umo and people say this makes truck run cooler also. Dont want to blow anything up, like truck to much. Also motor is the LDT465-1D engine. Thanks.[thumbzup]

Jake0147

That's a lot of adjustment... Somebody official (with the safety wire seal crimper) had mine set high, probably making up for the fuel injectors that now perform as they should. I turned mine DOWN two flats to get the boost back down to original spec's Two flats makes a real and genuine (but not mind blowing) difference in the performance of the engine. half an inch is a lot of flats... Are you 100 percent positive that EVERYTHING in the rest of the fuel system is 100 percent up to par?

jasonjc

A 1/2" is like what about 20-30 flats??? A flat is one flat side of a nut. A nut has 6 sides so 4 flats is 2/3 of one full trun. Power on hills is what makes alot of heat. You NEED a pyro gauge!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have an engine, I'll sell you (I think your gonna need it).

Seriously, install a pyro or use a boost gauge like the TM(troubleshooting the LDS) shows for the "in field" adjustment method.

From your description of your adjustment, you are either gonna have a problem, or you had one before.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
When you are running a diesel "hot" (fuel turned way up) you have to back off the throttle when you are in a hard pull....especially when you are loaded.....you will literally melt the engine down if you don't.

That is why a pyro and boost gauge are essential for a warmed up engine.

The best strategy is to find a gear it will pull in without being tached out and let her ride.