• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce fuel

barnetc1

Ok just turned my deuce fuel up, i know there are tons of forums on this but none answer my question were i get better understanding. People say turn it 4 flats?????? I dont understand 4 flats, when i turned the fuel up there were 1/2 inch more of threads showing on the rod than before i turned it up. I know people say turn up the fuel till smoke comes out as you throttle but not why cruising. Thats how i have it adjusted. I know there is alot more room for adjustment but dont plan on going anymore, just wanted more power on hills not a hotrod. I dont drive over 50 mph anyway, in no hurry to get anywhere. i run 50/50 deisel and umo and people say this makes truck run cooler also. Dont want to blow anything up, like truck to much. Also motor is the LDT465-1D engine. Thanks.[thumbzup]

Jake0147

That's a lot of adjustment... Somebody official (with the safety wire seal crimper) had mine set high, probably making up for the fuel injectors that now perform as they should. I turned mine DOWN two flats to get the boost back down to original spec's Two flats makes a real and genuine (but not mind blowing) difference in the performance of the engine. half an inch is a lot of flats... Are you 100 percent positive that EVERYTHING in the rest of the fuel system is 100 percent up to par?

jasonjc

A 1/2" is like what about 20-30 flats??? A flat is one flat side of a nut. A nut has 6 sides so 4 flats is 2/3 of one full trun. Power on hills is what makes alot of heat. You NEED a pyro gauge!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have an engine, I'll sell you (I think your gonna need it).

Seriously, install a pyro or use a boost gauge like the TM(troubleshooting the LDS) shows for the "in field" adjustment method.

From your description of your adjustment, you are either gonna have a problem, or you had one before.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
When you are running a diesel "hot" (fuel turned way up) you have to back off the throttle when you are in a hard pull....especially when you are loaded.....you will literally melt the engine down if you don't.

That is why a pyro and boost gauge are essential for a warmed up engine.

The best strategy is to find a gear it will pull in without being tached out and let her ride.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks