• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Hoist Units on GL

rdixiemiller

All
There are 6 "bomb hoists" on GL for mid November. 3 are at Rock Island Ill. They are complete, even to the medium towbar!
There are 3 of the frames as 1 lot at Anniston Al.
http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?id=714603
http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?id=706162

I want one really badly! I would like the complete unit, but I imagine it will bring more than I can afford, and it would be a long drive from Carrollton, Ga.
I will try really hard to get the lot from Anniston, even though I will have to scrounge a chain hoist and trolley set.
If I get the Anniston lot, I will have 2 extra units that will be for sale for 1/3 of the total lot price (SS Members only). If you are interested, let me know, and how much you are willing to go up to. That way I'll know how to bid.
If I can afford one of the Rock Island lots, is there anyone in the area who could pick it up for me and store it for a while?

Kenny, what have these things been selling for on GL? I saw one on E-bay a while back, complete, that went for less than $200.

rdixiemiller

Yeah. Imagine, a brand new hoist unit, with a brand new, complete, medium towbar.
Be still my beating heart.
Let's try not to bid against each other on these, there will probably be enough competition as there is.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Robert, call me when you can. Busier here than a 1 legged man in an A@# kicking contest. I know where one is not too far from ya!

JohnnyReb

Anniston hoist

HI RD:
If you buy the lot in Anniston, I will take one. Up to $100.00 per unit work for you? Also only fair to pitch in on your trip expenses...
Robb

JohnnyReb

I am in there for one if you decide to bid.

BYW, I was going to get with you on the troop seats from the trucks I bought in Camilla. We were going to meet during my return trip. I made the trip while the forum was down, we couldn't hook up. However, it didn't make much difference because someone had "helped themselves" to the troop seats before I pick them up.(actually only one truck had the seats). I still have a beat up set off my dump if that is any help...

rdixiemiller

JR, I got a set already, when the forum went down I lost all my contacts! But thanks anyway!
I have you down for one if I get them I am willing to pay up to $200 for a good frame. I would like a complete unit, but I think the RI units will go higher than I can afford, with a 900 mile distance and all.

Ugg013

rdixiemiller:

I'm not to far from Rock Island and I already have my neighbors thinking the army's moving. Funny thing is, there's an old Nike base right behind my sub-division.

Later
Ugg

NEIOWA

Ammunition hoist actually. Used by towed arty units. I looked at the units a couple months ago when I was at Rock Island to pickup a Dolly from DRMS. Unopened new crates at that time.

rdixiemiller

Whew! Washington state is as far away as you can go and still be in CONUS!
We are all definately going to have to come up with a "coast to coast" network to get big stuff across country.

rdixiemiller

" Transportation needs" is a good section. This, however is a little different. What we need is a map showing all members, along with their vehicles. This way we could route things from one member to the other across country. If we all lived within 100 miles of another member, it would be a snap! As it is, I'll bet there are some 500 mile gaps out there. This would not be the quickest way to move things, but in the case of engines, ammo hoists, cabs, etc. It could be a good thing.
It would definately be a fun thing to do!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks