• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Hoist Units on GL

OD_Coyote

I concur with rdixiemiller on the transportation network and I would be willing to run witihn a 150 mile radius of Seattle wtih my M35 or my 3/4 ton Dodge cummins pickup at this end.
Perhaps it would be a good idea to start a new thread on the transportation network to see how much interest there is. What say you rdixiemiller?

Boatcarpenter

This is why we need to go ahead with the membership map/locator idea so before anybody takes a trip they can look up quickly and find who is near their route in case of an emergency. Not that Deuces ever break down, but for the rare instance when one might!! It follows then that the locator map could be used by people looking to bid on something to see if there was a possible transportation route for the item back to their area.
Just some spur of the moment thoughts :idea:

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How about we do the "Map" idea, and if your trying to move an item, you PM the people along the way? It's a big combersome, but will maintain privacy. A first name and last initial on a map dot would be easy.

FSBruva

Hmm...... As Admiral John Paul Jones would say.... "I like the cut of your jib...."

That's not a bad idea. Not so good for last minute things, but with planning, it could work...

Matt

mangus580

Guys the way I have done this else where, was to post what I needed to move, from where to where.... and anyone along the way would pipe up and say what they could do...

As for the map and other things, I am working on it... In time we will have more options, I promise

SixBuy

Great Idea guys. Why not mark each member location with a number instead of initials and then have a directory. You could also mark scrap yards, parts houses, GL sites, military museums, water holes, red light districts and other points of interest. Any member who wants to participate could fill out their profile and indicate what they can/will do ( like road service at 2am!) . It can sort of run itself. What if we started a list of member services and see what pops up?

Just another hare-brained thought...

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
WOW, its all comming together, it wont be long and we will have one hell of a net work, this type of thing is what this hobby is all about

SixBuy

I vote we start a new thread called 'THE Network' before this good idea gets lost in the shuffle! RDM, since you started it do you want the honor?

rdixiemiller

I can do that. The problem is that most of us don't look at the transportation needs forum much. We all tend to stay in the area that interests us most, in my case, the deuce forums.
So, how do we keep everyone involved?

SixBuy

RDM, I say do it in the DEUCE forum, at least till it gets going. I see 'THE Network' has appeared somewhere and now I can't find it again! I posted to it (maybe) and then saw the message come up as 'guest'. The old system worked better (for a while)

rdixiemiller

Oh well, the hoist frames went for more than I could bid. $450 for the 3 plus the comission and sales tax. The winning bidder will be paying $529.65 for 3 hoist frames.
I keep kicking my butt for missing the complete unit that sold in Maryland a few months back for $150.00

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks