• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce in the 'burbs?

SGT Estum

I've got the fever. I just "won" a GL auction for my second M1009. I'm rapidly running out of garage space but I've got my eyes on a M109A3. It's looking like that purchase will have to wait a while until I figure out where to keep it.

So -- does anybody else live in a suburban area and have a Deuce? Where do you keep it?

jpekarek

Actualy yes. I live in a nice neigborhood with people all around me. I keep the 5 ton on my RV pad right next to the house. I guess it qualifies as an RV. I am fortunate to have a 4 car garage for my other vehicles. 2 of them still have to stay in the driveway though. My neigbors are used to my weird things and loud hot rods. I fire it up and drive a couple times a week. Everyone can see it but it doesn't bother anyone. If it was in the street or something that would be different. The people around me seem to like it, so I guess it stays![thumbzup]

mcmullag

I store mine in the backyard of a 4x4 shop, across the street from
my apartment complex. The local Marine Corp League pays my lot
rent since I haul them in parades and assist them with having
the truck on display at events where they have their booth set up.
The 4x4 shop is also happy to let me leave it out on the front lot with
their sample modified jeeps, that they pull out of the shop each day
and display next to a busy street.

SGT Estum

i park mine right next to my house, in the driveway, in plain view, nobody seems to mind
It looks like you're in Michigan, so you probably get a good amount of snow. I know we get plenty here in Minnesota. Do you keep it out in the driveway year-around?

That's kind of my problem... I don't have an indoor location to store it over the winter and I would feel bad leaving her out in the driveway all winter. Maybe it's not that big of a deal.

Whitey

One in the barn and one in the driveway. But I suppose you'd call it the country rather than the 'burbs. Think banjos and occasional gunfire :)

Brentzilla

Mine is a bobbed deuce, so a little different. Im in a College town living in an apartment complex while I finish school. According to the city since its bobbed it wont violate any codes in residential areas, and I have permission from the apartment complex management so we'll see when I get it down here.

Crazyguyla

Mine's in my parent's backyard. No complaints in 2 yrs. Well everyother person on the block has an RV or travel trailer in the driveway. My deuce is small compaired to those.

SGT Estum

Time for you to buy some acres out in the boonies. :-D
If I could find some that wasn't either (1) ridiculously priced or (2) all full of easments, restrictions, or outrageous county-imposed building restrictions, I would be on that in a heartbeat!

I'm still looking, though. Maybe some deal will pop up.

I think I'll shoot an email over to the city hall and see if there are any ordinances regulating keeping it in the driveway/side yard. Luckily I live in an older neighborhood (houses are from the early 60's), so I don't have a Home Owners' ASSociation to deal with.

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I could find some that wasn't either (1) ridiculously priced or (2) all full of easments, restrictions, or outrageous county-imposed building restrictions, I would be on that in a heartbeat!

I'm still looking, though. Maybe some deal will pop up.

I think I'll shoot an email over to the city hall and see if there are any ordinances regulating keeping it in the driveway/side yard. Luckily I live in an older neighborhood (houses are from the early 60's), so I don't have a Home Owners' ASSociation to deal with.
Ya gotta go were there's more tractors than cars! We have some deed restrictions, but they're reasonable, I'm technically in a subdivision but I have enough land to be called a farm. They don't mess with you much where I am.

dittle

Better check your city codes. I live in Prior Lake and I got politely told I can not store it in town for long periods of time. I can have it in my driveway but just not forever as they city doesn't want semi's or big work trucks to be stored in town as it "make the city look less appealing".

6x6guy

I found a farmer a few miles from my house ( way to much stuff for my house - my garage is full of green stuff). The only problem is that thay keep multiplying- I think its got something to do with the water or something like that.

Flyingvan911

I ditto the not telling city hall about the MV. You could ask what the laws are about parking a 3-axle truck in your driveway or on your street. If they ask, tell then it's a cargo truck that weight 13,000 empty and 23,000 loaded. If you tell them it's a former military truck and you want to drive it around the city, their dumb littled brain will flip.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks