• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce intake mushroom

Harleighguy

I've seen some deuces with the intake mushroom mounted on what looks like a 90 degree elbow and raised above the hood a few inches. Is this a local mod or part of a kit? Maybe for fording or something?

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This Is a pic of mine, it has the fording kit so it most likely was part of it. I am pretty sure some have another piece that extends it above the hood.
That isn't part of any of the variations in the fording kits over the years. That is a field mod.

colelkhunter

any place that has semi truck parts will have this elbow. Runs about 20 bucks like listed above. They also have the extended ones if you wanted to raise it up over the hood. 90 degree bend with about 10 inches on either side.

jwaller

it's purpose is to help keep sideways rainwater out and snow if you get it stacked up on the fender. I bought mine years ago at napa. was about $15-20.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like that 90* with the height extension. I'm going to do that, I'll post the work.:wink:
I put one on mine. The look takes getting used to, but the functionality of it is great. i was used to seeing my truck the conventional way, but now that im used to it, i like it.

The air mushroom itself could be cut down to make it look better upclose, but i did not want to do that incase i wanted to put it back to original. anyway, it will work just fine either way :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks