• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce intake mushroom

rlwm211

I just ordered mine. It is 4" ID-OD with an 8" radius.
This gets the mushroom far enough out and away from the hood you can open it easily. Although steel is heavier it is also brush and overhanging branch resistent.
I would rather do this once and be done with it so no PVC for me thanks.

Oh, by the way, to save you a lot of searching and seeking older threads and reading post after post until you find the part number....

Walker #41367

That is all!
RL

wikallen

After clearing snow from the fender, then taking an air hose to blow the snow out of the screen of the mushroom, I believe I need to do this mod. What is the difference between the two part numbers for the Walkers SmokinYoda posted?

NM, the top link is for a 5" radius, the bottom is 8"

Last edited:

pegasus55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just put one on my deuce.

Purchased the parts at my local NAPA store 26JAN2011
Elbow: NAPA part #41378 Cost me $36.99
Clamp: NAPA part #733-5976 Cost me $11.95

Attachments

emr

mine, field mod, just because it looks cool and the snow idea was on my mind when starting her with the hood and fendors snow covered. well she was mine till a few months ago, I miss her :(

Attachments

rlwm211

I picked up my elbow and clamp. 29.95 for the elbow and 4.25 for the clamp. Too darned cold to paint and put it on, but I may get it done anyways. Pics upon completion

RL

DHennon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just picked up my elbow from NAPA today.....$35.34. It's painted and will go on tomorrow. I got the Walker 41367 8" radius.

saddamsnightmare

February 2nd, 2011.

Here's the Ultimate! While my M35A2 has the conventional elbow Field Mod to keep snow and rain out of the filter.... The Unimog uses a Mann & Hummel "Zyclone" unit as a pre cleaner for heavy dust and dirt to protect the oil bath air filter.... It woprks really well in snow too.....:confused:fat lady sings

Attachments