• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce is not working with me!!!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fix or replace your fuel pump, before replacing your HH.

airmech3839

Thanks Doghead!! I am on it.

Is it possible to rebuild the in-tank pumps? I guess I will pull it and look it over.

But shouldnt the truck still be able to run without an in-tank pump?

I know.... restore the truck back to the way it should run and fix what you know is wrong and see what she does. then troubleshoot if she fails to run then... I know...

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some trucks run just fine without an operating in-tank pump, some don't.

It is not a difficult task to pull your in-tank pump and inspect it. An in-line pump is always an option. New in-tank pumps are available.

airmech3839

Ok, So I went and ordered a pump to replace the in-tank with a in-line pump. Got it hooked up and it pushes the fuel!! It bleeds great. Then I tried cranking the truck.... nothingaua.... so I open an injector line and try again.... No fuel...auaauaaua..... I also noticed that she is now leaking water from the waterhoses by the intake. something else to fix....aua.... any thoughts on the IP on the most likely place to have a problem? Is there a shear shaft or something that would cause the pump to stop working??

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you removed the top center plug and confirmed up and down motion of the plunger(while cranking)? It is possible that your plunger shaft it stuck.

With the stop cable cover off, crank the engine and you can confirm that the HH is rotating by watching the gear teeth. It is possible your "quill gear" shaft has sheared.

DieselBob

Ok, So I went and ordered a pump to replace the in-tank with a in-line pump. Got it hooked up and it pushes the fuel!! It bleeds great. Then I tried cranking the truck.... nothingaua.... so I open an injector line and try again.... No fuel
Also don't forget that just because you pushed in the "stop" cable doesn't mean the fuel shutoff lever moved to the on position in the ip. Easy to check by just pulling the cover off.

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will try that.

Is the quill gear in the IP or the HH?
It's in the IP, under the HH(it's the shaft and gears that drive the HH).

An advanced search for quill shaft, in the Deuce forum, should pull up a few recent threads by HDexpert, or Kipman or Scooter or Gimpyrobb.(with pics)

airmech3839

Also don't forget that just because you pushed in the "stop" cable doesn't mean the fuel shutoff lever moved to the on position in the ip. Easy to check by just pulling the cover off.

Thanks...... I have had this problem before so that was my first check...

I am going to try and get to checking the HH and quill gear this week!!

Thanks for all the great advice!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks