• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce manufacturers

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Ya'll left out the Lansing Division of White, and Studebaker-Packard, off the top of my head. And, although a hard drive crash earlier this year cost me much of my data base (I've been months putting it back together), I believe that there are data plate both reading "Utica-Bend Division of Curtiss-Wright" as well as simply "Curtiss-Wright".

HTH,
David Doyle

saddamsnightmare

April 8th, 2009.:razz:

I think you guys forgot Jeep Corporation, for they took over Kaiser Jeep's Contract later in 1971 then my M35A2 "Saddam's NIghtmare" according to David Doyle and Carnac, she was built in June 1971 as an M35A2 Wo/W, standard LDS 465 NT, White engine with the block cast May 15, 1971. The Kaiser Jeep was Kaiser's takeover of the Studebaker contract when studebaker went belly up. I am pretty cetrain there are more companies building the M35 series from it's inception in the early 1950's....... When David Doyle gets his book out on the G742 series trucks, there will be hosannas in heaven and slightly lower in the cosmos....

Just my .02 worth,

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's what I remember:

1. Reo Motors
2. Studebaker
3. Studebaker-Packard
4. Utica-Bend
5. Curtis Wright
6. Kaiser Jeep
7. Jeep Corp.
8. General Products
9. Lansing Div/White
10. AM General
11. Bombadier
12. Kia

gerrykan

I know Gov't auction listings are prone to errors in the listing, but.....
1969 CAB CHASIS, MFG WARD LAFRANCE, MDL UNKN, CYL 6, DIESEL, 2 1/2 TON, VIN 453560000000, MDL UNKN.
They are selling a lot of fire equipment from this site, so this could be a mixup with one of the other trucks that has a bed made by Ward LaFrance.

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe you are correct LaFrance made the fire truck beds. GSA has listed several on their auction site lately.