• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce modern equivalent?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I couldn't even find where they even still make the CXT anymore. Although I mentioned it to wife and she found a couple for sale for me. Around $79k but they do look good.

sw

Westex

I still like my Deuce which I have about $3,500.00 in and it runs like a top; can't get in a hurry and the highway patrol salutes. And pour in filtered whatever. Isn't that what it's all about with these?

Reactions: emr

tm america

you could just get what ever truck you wanted and have usa 6x6 make you some axles they make ford 9 inch in a through shaft or pinion adapters to run gm 14 bolts in a 6x6 and they can put unimog portal ends on it to .what more could a guy ask for than a 6x6 with portal axles .i dont care for the cxt as it is an international truck with a ford bed yuck.why couldnt they make their own bed for as much as they want for those trucks. and still they arent 6x6.in my opinion if you want a modern deuce put some fresh paint on a deuce .they still havent made one better . the deuce was and still is way a head of its time .they were running multifuel engines 50 yrs ago. before chevy,ford or dodge was even running deisels.and still today noone else has done what they did with a multifuel engine.

Reactions: emr

emr

Nothing is compatable to an M 35 in my opinion, very very different even the International. But may be better for alot of guys that want to make M 35s race trucks though, i think some guys want to make a deuce like the international, funny I wish my M 35 was geared alot lower. ...:roll:... If someone wamts a multi wheel drive truck for highway use that international is the way to go, i do not see how anything can ampare to a deuce,... looks, ability,history longevity, shear toughness...nothing compares, ...

tm america

hey thats not nice emr.i want to make a race truck out of my deuce and i wouldnt trade it for no stinkin international-ford bed non matching body line 80,000 dollar electric headache waiting to happen truck . did i say that nice enough?deuces rule all other drool.

tm america

i am quit happy with my deuce .i realize that there are always trade offs.i realize other trucks may have 6x6 and be more at home on the road .but they are not going to be as good offroad .or be able to be misused and abused like the deuce .they wont be water tight or easy to work on they wont be cheap to buy or fix. .they will be priced so high most wont want to take they in the mud to play and then what is the point of having 6x6 anyway. and i agree with emr i would like to have my deuce geared lower with my 15.5s:-Dthe deuce gets some of the best mpd of any vehicle ever made.mile per dollar.and that is hard to compete with.......

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well what the OP was looking for was ideas on what kind of new or newer truck he could get that had near the capabilities of the deuce but with modern conveniences like power steering and a cab that doesn't piss all over your lap in a rainstorm.

Great ideas so far. The Internationals, like the CTX are incredible, and not overpriced used at $80k if you compare to what a new SUV costs.

If one watches the auctions, GL and state, fairly often a 6x6 dump truck can be found that would make a great truck with a lot more roadability built in than comes with the deuce, and for much less than $20k.

Love my deuce, but would like to have a more roadable truck too. Then I wouldn't be tempted to 'improve' the deuce.

skidder

WELL, Stop Kicking the tires,an pissing an moaning ! Just bring lots cash an a good duce an i will build you from front to back a updated DUCE!! Dual brake sys. 4.90 gears,air lockers.disc brakes.power steering (hyd), LDS eng. Disassembled all moving parts ck, bottom end bal.w/clutch ,new trans/tranfer case dr.shafts, heads xrayed for crackes an val job,inj pump an inj. tested an timed,new rad an hoses an belts ,new updated eng.oil/fuel filters ,tinted front glass,elect wipers ,hard top sound profed cab/ carpet air seat/hi back Tires 1100x20 xl s an painted mil spec. ANY TAKERS PM ME.

tmbrwolf

This is what I hear from fire departments that have a mix of civil and ex military trucks

"there is nothing available on the market that can do what the old deuce does, it will go places where we wouldn't think of taking our other trucks"

I think that says it all!

andyindy

Here at the plant, corp. brings in a drill rig for coal pile surveys. The truck is a Navistsr 4wd and a rugged built truck, BUT the bottom of the midship mounted transfer case is about 6'' higher than the bottom of the differential. Being a long wheel base truck puts the driveline very low also, I consider this more of a front wheel assist than a true off road vehicle. As some one else said, the front axle is a conversion of a civilan truck. The Deuces and 5 tons are engineered from the ground up to be a true off road vehicle and is pretty apparent to anyone who looks at ground clearance issues. Just my 2 cents:-D Andy......

unclemikey

You just can not beat the best. It's like a C-47, small block chevy, a Deuce, ect. The test is whatever you find today, will it be around fifty some years in the future, and how will it be thought of then ? [thumbzup]