• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Owners in Northern Ohio?

YoungGun

Do many people actually drive their trucks on the road, other than to/from parades etc? Or do you get into trouble and require a commercial plate?

I'd like to be able to drive mine on the road more than a few times a year!

Maxwell1815

I am in Lima, my deuce is currently down for the count, (at least for a couple more months) See: Major Meltdown thread. But feel free to send me a pm, stop down, or whatever. My insurance through progressive is $200 a year...not too bad. No questions asked, except for the VIN and how I will be using it. Lemme know when you get one! I don't currently have it registered, because of the engine mishap, only had it for 2 months with temps from PA. But I did drive it everyday to work, and plan on going with historical plates.

russ132

Hi there from Kelleys Island. I am suprised you have not seen me driving around in my duece. I am in the Sandusky area fairly regularly. My duece is bobbed, and I still had to register commercially due to the weight. It was a bit of a pain. I had some trouble at the DMV just because it was not the normal every day vehicle, but then I went to the Fremont DMV and they were great. I registered it straight commercial due to the rules associated with historical plates. Insurance was not to bad either. Is the truck you see by the firelands winery? I just saw that one the other day. If you ever see me feel free to wave me down I would be more than happy to give you the tour. Good luck with your quest.

YoungGun

I'll keep my eye out. I don't actually live in Sandusky, but one of the tiny towns outside of it.

I see a Deuce in Norwalk a lot, and I have seen that one over by the firelands winery.

YoungGun

The guy in Norwalk had one for sale all last summer, and I should have looked at it, but never did. So, he had two, now down to 1 it looks like.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks