• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Parts Database

ARYankee

I'm currently working on developing a database chock full of deuce parts w/ NSN, places to purchase and prices. I'm going to make it to where you could search by vendor, part desc, NSN, or vendor part #. It will be free for anyone to download and use once it's developed. You will also be able to update prices and add to it as well. What I need is some extra info so I can make it as comprehensive as possible. I need part #s from local auto parts stores. I've searched the net for M35 parts vendors but I'm willing to also except duplicate info so that way we will have as much as needed. I've got info from Saturn and OD Iron. I just need some help from you folks out there. Hopefully I can get this put together and out by the end of Summer.

RANDYDIRT

TJ, here is a couple

Anco 4101 adjustable wiper arm. $12.49 ea. from Amazon

Anco 3110 wiper blade 10". $5.90 ea. from also from Amazon.

To make these work they need to be used together, so a person would order 2 each of the above numbers.

ARYankee

Why not make it web based? That way it updates when you change the prices instead of everyone having to download an update.

Well I could do that with a VB code in the background that could do auto updates but it turns out I would have to learn how first :) This is my first try at building a database so I'm trying to make it somewhat simple for myself. Once I get it established I can tweek or do whatever after wards. I figure something is better than nothing.

BTW::::: Thanks for the info Mr. Dirt!!!!

ARYankee

Well I'm back at it again!!!! I haven't really worked on this in over a year. Hopefully I will get something put together. I'm building it in Microsoft Access. Once I get a good handle on it I will build another in Open Office (since it is free to download).

ARYankee

Ok here is an update!!!!!! So far I have a beta version thrown together. I built it in Microsoft Access, so you will be needing it to use it. I will be working on an Open Office version since Open Office software is FREE. I need a couple more days to make sure that the info is good and then I will be releasing the beta version. I will also have instructions that will go along with it as well. So far it is just a simple search. You can search by NSN, Category, or part description. I am sure that I will be adding and tweeking things later on. I'll post up when it is complete and whoever is interested can PM me.

ARYankee

Like I said it will be a beta version so I'm sure it won't be perfect plus this is my first shot at an Access database. I'm also sure that it doesn't contain all the spare parts. The cool part is that folks will be able to add to their list. Once I get that warm feeling about where it is at I will let you guys at it. I'll include instructions as well. I know once it is out, I'll be up for suggestions. I'm going to try my best to get it done by this weekend. I have made great strides with it the last couple of days so hopefully this will carry on.

ARYankee

Ok guys!!! I am ready to let you folks at it!! Now you will need Microsoft Access to use it. I will include a word document with some instructions. Feel free to let me know what you think and any suggestions. PM me your email address so I can send you the zip file along with instructions. I'll try and see if it can be put somewhere on the site to download.

Note::::: I will post up any changes that I do so if you want to update, you can. Remember that this is still a work in progress so it may not be perfect but it is functional.

Last edited:

samsimpson

I have developed an online NSN database and could use some help. Actually opinions, mainly in the way it works and is laid out. Trying to make it easy to use. It isn't complete yet but is done enough to be able to use. I still need to build in editing functions but for now you can submit NSN #s and search/view them.

NSN # Database

samsimpson

Ok guys!!! I am ready to let you folks at it!! Now you will need Microsoft Access to use it. I will include a word document with some instructions. Feel free to let me know what you think and any suggestions. PM me your email address so I can send you the zip file along with instructions. I'll try and see if it can be put somewhere on the site to download.

Note::::: I will post up any changes that I do so if you want to update, you can. Remember that this is still a work in progress so it may not be perfect but it is functional.
Would it be possible to get this from you? I can write a script to parse your data and enter it into the online database. You would get credit of coarse for the entries that are parsed in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks