• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Parts - EBAY SCAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS

EVERYONE, I AM SORRY FOR THE CAPS. I AM A SLOW TYPER AND USE TWO FINGERS. JUST LEAVING IT ON CAPS RATHER THAN TRYING TO REMEMBER TO SHIFT AT THE START OF A SENTENCE BELEIVE IT OR NOT HELPS ME TO SPEED THINGS UP A BIT. IT ALSO IS A RESULT OF USING A MODEL 28 TELETYPE (WHICH HAS NO CASE SELECTION) YEARS AGO ON RTTY. AGAIN I APPOLOGISE FOR THIS.

THIS IS KCGONZO HERE

I AM THE GUY THAT MANY OF YOU HAVE BEEN ASKING THE QUESTIONS AND MAKING THE COMMENTS ABOUT. KCGONZO FROM EBAY, BERNIE MATYNIAK TRADING AS DELMILTRUCKS OTHERWISE. FIRST OFF, I VERY MUCH THANK THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE SAID GOOD THINGS ABOUT ME. AND SINCERELY THANK ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE PURCHASED FROM ME OVER THE PAST FEW YEARS. WHAT SEEMS TO HAVE STARTED ALL OF THESE POSTS WAS MY TRANSACTION WITH EARL BEVERLY LAST AUGUST. HE WON A COMPLETE SET OF WEST COAST MIRRORS FROM ME ON EBAY. I PROMPTLY SENT HIM AN INVOICE WITH THE SHIPPING AND O-P-T-I-O-N-A-L INSURANCE. AS ALL OF YOU THAT BUY FROM ME ON EBAY KNOW, I DO NOT FORCE THE INSURANCE ON MY CUSTOMERS; HOWEVER, I MAKE IT AN OPTION LISTED ON THE INVOICE TO THE BUYER. WHAT EARL NEVER MENTIONED ON HIS POSTS HERE AND ON OTHER FORUMS WAS THAT AFTER SPENDING 156.07 FOR A COMPLETE SET OF MIRRORS, 2.70 FOR INSURANCE WAS TOO MUCH TO SPEND. AFTER APPROX 1 MONTH, EARL CALLED ME TO INQUIRE ABOUT HIS MIRRORS. I THEN FILED A USPS FORM 1510(INQUIRY FOR LOST MAIL). IN LATE DECEMBER, I FINALLY RECEIVED A REPLY THAT THE PACKAGE WAS NOT IN THE POSSESION OF THE LOST MAIL DIVISION AND WAS DELIVERED. I EMAILED EARL VIA EMAIL JUST AFTER NEW YEARS TELLING HIM THIS WITH NO REPLY. ABOUT TWO WEEKS AGO I RECEIVE AN EMAIL FROM HIM THAT HE WAS GOING TO BID ON AN M35 FUEL PUMP UNTILL HE SAW IT WAS ME SELLING IT. FOLLOWED BY THE STATEMENT THAT HE WILL "TAKE THE TIME TO VISIT ME JUST TO SEE ME SQUIRM". IF ANYONE CARES, I AM 6'5" , 265LBS, AND I DON'T SQUIRM. ON SMALLER ITEMS THAT I HAVE PLENTY OF, I HAVE RESHIPPED DUPLICATE ITEMS EVEN THOUGH INSURANCE WAS NEVER PURCHASED.-AT MY LOSS! IN THIS CASE, I HAD PURCHASED THREE COMPLETE SETS OF MIRRORS @ 125.00 EACH. AM I EXPECTED TO EAT THIS WHEN I ALREADY SELL MANY OF MY PARTS AT A MUCH LOWER PRICE THAN MOST DEALERS??--SOMETIMES EVEN AT A LOSS. AND I DO NOT CHARGE B.S. HANDLING FEES. THE SAME FACTORS THAT ALLOW ME TO KEEP MY PRICES LOW, ARE THE SAME REASONS THAT MANY OF YOU ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT ME. I KEEP MY PRICES LOW BY KEEPING A LOW OVERHEAD COST. I AM THE GUY WHO IS TRYING TO ACQUIRE INVENTORY, THY GUY WHO DRIVES TO PICK ITEMS UP, THE LISTER, THE SELLER, THE INVOICE DEPARTMENT, THE PACKER, AND THE SHIPPER. THIS WOULD NOT BE SO BAD IF IT WERE ONLY 10 ITEMS PER WEEK RATHER THAN 40 OR 50. IF I HIRE A SECRETARY, OR A WAREHOUSE GUY, THE CUSTOMER WILL HAVE TO PAY THEIR SALARIES BY WAY OF MY PRICES BEING AS HIGH AS OTHER DEALERS. MANY OF YOU HAVE COMPLAINED ABOUT POOR COMMO ON BEHALF OF ANSWERING EMAILS. I RECEIVE APPROX 125-150 PER DAY, AND WHEN I AM AWAY ON A ROUTE TO PICK UP PARTS THAT I HAVE PURCHASED FOR A FEW DAYS, MANY EMAILS BECOME AUTOMATICALLY DELETED SINCE MY EMAIL WILL NOT HOLD MORE THAN 300. I TRY TO ANSWER AS MANY AS I CAN. FOR THIS I DO APPLOGISE FOR. AND ALSO FOR THE LACK OF FEEDBACK POSTINGS TO EBAY. I KNOW THIS IS IMPORTANT TO MANY OF YOU AND WILL TRY TO CATCH UP ON THIS--PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH ME FOR I BARELY HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO TAKE CARE OF EVERYTHING NOW. THERE HAVE BEEN MANY COMMENTS ON SHIPPING TIMES--PLEASE LOOK AT YOUR POSTAGE LABELS FOR IN 95% OF CASES, SHIPPING IS USUALLY WITHIN 4 BUSINESS DAYS OF RECEIPT OF PAYMENT. ALSO THE POST OFFICE IN MANY CASES DOES NOT ALWAYS KEEP THEIR PROMISE TO THE AMOUNT OF TIME IT TAKES FOR DELIVERY. IN MANY CASES I AM ALSO NOTICING THAT THE STATEMENT "UNABLE TO DETERMINE SHIPPING TIME" APPEARS ON THEIR WEBSITE WHEN I CALCULATE THE POSTAGE FOR MANY ZIP CODES. LASTLY, REGARDING THE CONCERNS OVER THE NEG. FEEDBACK I HAVE RECEIVED ON EBAY. MOST WERE FROM UNINSURED TRANSACTIONS. TWO WERE FROM A BUYER THAT ADMITTED THAT HE RECEIVED THE PACKAGE VIRTUALLY DESTROYED BY THE POST OFFICE--ONCE AGAIN NO INSURANCE.----AND I EVEN RE-SENT ALL NEW PARTS, STILL I HAVE TO EAT THE FEEDBACK BECAUSE HE NEVER RETRACTED IT. ONE WHO OPTED FOR SURFACE TO ALASKA INSTEAD OF AIRMAIL, THEN COMPLAINED THAT IT TOOK TO LONG. I SUPPOSE THAT THE 100 OR SO POSITIVES BETWEEN EVERY ONE NEGATIVE DO NOT HOLD ANY PROOF TO MY INTEGRITY?? THERE ARE ALWAYS TWO SIDES TO THE STORY, HOWEVER I AM TIRED OF SITTING BACK AND READING EVERYONE ELSES SIDE WHEN ALL OF THE FACTS ARE NOT ON THE TABLE. AT LEAST I CAN SLEEP WELL AT NIGHT, KNOWING THAT EVERY ITEM THAT WAS PURCHASED, WAS SHIPPED AND MY CONSCIENCE IS CLEAR ON THAT ONE. I WOULD LIKE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE DISCUSSIONS MORESO IF I CAN FIND THE TIME. SOMETHING THAT I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FEEDBACK FROM YOU ON IS WHETHER OR NOT ME MAKING INSURANCE MANDATORY WILL AFFECT YOUR DECISION TO BID ON MY ITEMS.--I HATE TO DO THIS, HOWEVER, IT WOULD PREVENT A LOT OF PROBLEMS. BERNIE P.S. I WILL BE SET UP AT THE EAST COAST RALLY AND ALSO AT THE NATIONALS IN DAYTON. I HOPE TO SEE MANY OF YOU THERE.

bozozimbo

kcgonzo

I have bought a couple items from this fella and got excellent service.
Keep in mind...just like in a divorce...theres always two sides to the story.
Perception is everything.

Jimbo
1972 M35A2 WW

CGarbee

I've purchased stuff off Ebay in the past, and look for stuff from him when I need parts as the price and quality have been good. Time to recieve parts has been a little slow at time, but then, so have parts from other folks (and I have been known to be a tad slow sometimes as well, and that is not factoring the USPS/UPS/FedEx factor...).
I'll be sure to stop by his table at Aberdeen... Nothing like cash and carry...
Heck, maybee he'll stop by mine and do some trading...

rice

I think, due to the increasing problems with the post office, You probably would be better to make insurance mandatory. A few more dollars to insure delivery or reimbursement would be money well spent.

DrFoster

I'm glad you decided to post up. That says that you are probably an honest seller trying to protect yourself, but there are still some outstanding issues. I'm sure some on here enjoy your brief (and I use that term loosely) partially decodable diatribe on ebay and a particular buyer and your personal appearance, but I didn't.

As in anything, there are rules to business. When you're on ebay, you need to leave feedback from transactions, or else buyers and sellers don't know what they are getting into. Keep in mind, that just as a product sells 98% more often with a photo to give it "credit", so does the feedback forum, and if you haven't left feedback in YEARS then you're not a positive contributor to that website.

If you hate stereotyping, then you're gonna hate what I have to say next. (I'm just being honest, not starting a flame war on this forum.) You're "one of those guys" that rapes the system and doesn't give back. Honestly. Look at the facts - someone buys something, and you won't replace it if it got lost in the mail? Why piss off a customer when you're a small business? Word of mouth is the number one SB sales tool. Did you know that? Proof positive - look at this website, and how many views are on this thread alone. Now do the math and tell me how many sales you've lost. You need to protect each and every sale as well as the customers. This also means you'll have to foot the bill for insurance. It shouldn't be optional. It's like sales tax - there should be no choice to the customer.

Having a HB/SB takes a lot of "hits". The average tax return filed for SB owners was -$87,000 (YES, Negative $87K). Sure, they're using it as a tax shelter, but if the business was very profitable, then they'd be showing some income; even to the IRS. I'm not just speaking out my ass on this. I hold primary interest in three web based operations, and I am starting up our second "brick and mortar" for my wife this summer as I am planning on retiring from anesthesia; it doesn't perk my interest like it did when I was in school.

Otherwise, welcome to the forum!

Attachments

FSBruva

Wow, everyone, look how far the forum has come!!!!

I know I only joined a year and change ago, but "back then" we would have never dreamed of such a thread...

Gosh, doesn't it feel good to be all grown up, and be a "real" forum?

Matt

P.S. Moderator, request you move this thread to "Conversations" as it has nothing to do with Deuces anymore.

sorry you feel that way about me!!

first of all i appreciate your comments, however i do not feel that you are making a fair statement. you mentioned that you were not appreciative of my physical description of myself---am i not allowed to respond to the statement or threat that the buyer posted?? hey, i did not make a threat in return. stereotyping??? do not put me in the same catagory as the scam artists on ebay that list stuff they probably do not even have--i have shipped every item that i ever sold both on and off of ebay. as far as your statement mentioning that i must replce items that are lost--well i have many times. i hope some of these customers are members here and back me up on this. lastly regarding the statement that i should be expected to foot the bill for insurance!?! tell me one dealer that pays for the insurance and on top of that they are charcing sometime twice as much for the exact same item---are my prices not low enough for the buyer to be able to afford insurance?? perhaps i should take a soviet attitude and force it on everyone. i have tried to be flexible, but i guess i cannot afford to be anymore. all i can say is that i am sorry that you feel the way you do about me

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
bernie - kcgonzo - demiltrucks - whoever,

FIRST, this website has about ONE rule that we enforce and that is that you MUST put a location under your name. THAT'S IT.

Secondly, I don't care about whether or not you tell us your physical description. Though in all honesty, who cares. A simple "I AIN'T SKEERED OF YOU THREATS" would have sufficed.

Third, you are EITHER an ebay scam artist OR the WORST business man I've run into yet on ebay, and I've been a member since 99. And you WHINING about the fact that you are successful by doing all the work yourself to keep your prices low is just that. YOU WHINING. Don't like the way YOUR business is set up? HIRE SOMEONE. OR DON'T. But don't come on here complaining about the things your have complained about.

I COULD CARE LESS about your problems. We all have our own sack of rocks to carry through life. You made those choices and if you don't like them, only you can change them.

You WILL excuse me, but if Earl spent $152 for a set of West Coast mirrors that he never recieved I ALSO think you should make insurance mandatory for ANY item over $25. Or you pick a number. I don't know where you live, BUT apparently this is a trend. IE, this is NOT the first time you've had problems with customers NOT recieving uninsured packages. UH HELLO, as a good business man, that's an easily solved problem and it wouldn't cost you ONE DIME. Charging a customer $3 for insurance on an auction that he gave you $152 for is a NO BRAINER.

NOT leaving feedback on ebay is again, STUPID on your part. Again, if you are so successful, hire someone. OR STOP listing so much stuff all the time. OR AT LEAST QUIT COMPLAINING ABOUT BEING SUCCESSFUL TO US. PLEASE.

OH, and I WON'T be one of your customers. I don't deal with people who have ANY negative feedback. I don't care if you have one or one hundred negs. It's just NOT worth the hassle. I mainly buy, but sell also if I have things worth while.

Dude, get a grip.

jim

JasonS

I second the remark that it is good business practice to ship with insurance and a means of tracking package. My opinion is that a seller's responsibility ends ONLY when the package is received by the customer, not when the seller drops it in the mail.

rmgill

Bernie, probably the best thing to do is include the insurance in the cost of the item as a default. Whenever I've ordered an item, I've expected it to arrive. If it doesn't arrive, or if it arrives damaged, I expect the company I bought it from to make up the error and sort it out with the shipper. Saturn Surplus showed nice colors with this when I received one of two spare headlamps from them with the low beam reflector rattling around inside. I asked for a replacement and said I'd ship the other one back, they said to just toss it in the trash. That was a kudo's moment for them that won them additional points.

Boatcarpenter

I don't think we need this back and forth trash talking on this Forum with all its sweeping/accusatory statements. PM each other or correspond through Ebay email. Or at least do what FSBruva suggests, move it. Maybe we should have a new section called "The Outhouse" or something just for this sort of crap. Just my 2 cents.

i guess i am the bad guy here huh

first off, i tiedt to change my profile to add location of smyrna delaware and received a message stating that user info could not be changed. your opinion is your opinion. i guess i was never allowed to tell my side of the story even though everyone else did. as you basically mentioned a customer base of over 600 satisfied customers means nothing regarding my integrity. i guess over 800 positive feedbacks on ebay are all lies and about 10 negatives are the truth according to you. i am sure that you deal with dealers and not just within this hobby that you are 100% satisfied with, but i am sure that there are folks that have noithing good to say about the same dealer................................................................. JUST AS THE GUY WHO SAYS HE WILL NOT PUT THE SEATBELT ON -- SO IT IS ALSO FOR THE GUY WHO SAYS HE DOES NOT NEED THE INSURANCE. IS ANYONE BLAMEING THE AUTO MANUFACTURER FOR NOT BUCKLEING THE GUY'S BELT FOR HIM?????---IT IS A CHOICE.

DrFoster

Ok, I'm not going to keep poking a stick into this, I promise. HOWEVER, this is really in the wrong forum, and needs to be moved.

Likewise Bernie, it would be prudent to not post anymore. This is not the place. This is a hobby enthusiast’s website designed so we can have a place where we can share our love of the deuce, swap stories, do a bit of ass-grabbing, and so forth. It really isn't a forum for trying to gripe bout your business.

You've managed in quite a vexatious way, to show us that you are overwhelmed with your operation and cannot afford to be a honest person at anyone's expense besides the customer's.

Post up in "conversations" or something; you're crapping in our nest! I'm all about seeing new people on here - and I'm even a noob myself - but you need to change gears and move on - damn, it was a bad sale! You can't please all of the customers you'll have. There is no LESS appropriate place to try to defend yourself. It was a complaint. Life goes on.

Please sir, I abet you to either become a contributing member here or leave.

Sincerely,

Everyone

Westech

CPL
You know Im with DrFoster, we are all here to read and tell our stories about military trucks and such. I have had a bad buy with E-bay befor and I lost 60 bucks. Do you hear me bit&^%ng about it all over the place? nope! Now someone clean up everysingle post please. I dont want to ever see this again.

I MOVED IT TO CONVERSATIONS TWO HOURS AGO

UNDER DIRECTION OR REQUEST OF THE MODERATOR, I REPOSTED THIS DISCUSSION TO CONVERSATIONS TWO HOURS AGO, BUT I AM ONLY STILL HERE BECAUSE YOU ARE STILL HERE TALKING ABOUT ME. AS I HAVE WITNESSED FOR THE PAST FEW HOURS, APPARENTLY THIS IS NOT A FORUM, BUT RATHER A CLIQUE. AND EVERYTHING I SAY IS DISPUTED. I HAVE NOT SLANDERED ANYONE HERE. I CANNOT SAY THE SAME FOR HOW I HAVE BEEN TREATED. I SIGHNED UP HERE THIS MORNING AFTER RECEIVING ABOUT 15 EMAILS OVER THE PAST WEEK FROM MY "HAPPY" COSTOMERS THAT WANTED TO LET ME KNOW WHAT WAS BEING SAID ABOUT ME. I ONLY CAME HEAR TO DEFEND MYSELF AND TO EXPLAIN THE WHOLE STORY ON THE MIRROR DEAL. I TRIED TO ADD SOME LIGHT TO THIS WHOLE THING BUT I GUESS THIS WAS MEANINGLESS---AGAIN, TELL ME WHERE I HAVE SLANDERED ANYONE HERE........................

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks