• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Recovery 4-6-09

Pinz25086

Well it is official, I finally stepped up to the plate and bought a duce. I have to pick it up in Little Rock AR on April 6. I have had someone go out and look at it the truck and starts, runs, and moves. The brakes are soft so I will have to bleed them before I can drive it. Recovery4X4 has loaned me his bleeder and tow bar (just in case) and the plan is to try and drive the truck back to Orlando. If I cant get the brakes to work, I have a home in Hot Springs that I can tow it to and park it for while until repairs are made. I was wondering if there are any members along the way (back to Orlando) that I could contact if I run into trouble along the way.

My route will be HWY 65 south to I-20 east to Jackson MS. From there heading south on HWY 49 to HWY 98 into Mobile AL. From then on I will be heading down I-10 to I-75 and onto the house.

Thanks in advance,

Wayne

Pinz25086

The one that I got did not have a winch. It had somekind od shelter built in the bed with a normal canvas roof. Looks like they raised the rear canvas about 24 inches up and used plywood to fill in the gaps. The troop seats are still there and I think that I could bring it back to original if I want. Have to see what it looks like in person.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good luck on your journey Wayne. Please call me if you have any issues that I can help with.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks