• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Recovery 4-6-09

Pinz25086

Well it is official, I finally stepped up to the plate and bought a duce. I have to pick it up in Little Rock AR on April 6. I have had someone go out and look at it the truck and starts, runs, and moves. The brakes are soft so I will have to bleed them before I can drive it. Recovery4X4 has loaned me his bleeder and tow bar (just in case) and the plan is to try and drive the truck back to Orlando. If I cant get the brakes to work, I have a home in Hot Springs that I can tow it to and park it for while until repairs are made. I was wondering if there are any members along the way (back to Orlando) that I could contact if I run into trouble along the way.

My route will be HWY 65 south to I-20 east to Jackson MS. From there heading south on HWY 49 to HWY 98 into Mobile AL. From then on I will be heading down I-10 to I-75 and onto the house.

Thanks in advance,

Wayne

Pinz25086

The one that I got did not have a winch. It had somekind od shelter built in the bed with a normal canvas roof. Looks like they raised the rear canvas about 24 inches up and used plywood to fill in the gaps. The troop seats are still there and I think that I could bring it back to original if I want. Have to see what it looks like in person.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good luck on your journey Wayne. Please call me if you have any issues that I can help with.