• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce road tractor conversion

RAYZER

Awsome thread. I want to very much badly biuld a duece tractor. I already have a biuld plan laid out.
I would like to hear of your tractor build plans! I think one major thing that i would have done different would be to start with a truck that was in better cosmetic condition,this truck would have been on the roast weeks ago if i had! Some of these tan trucks from the desert have way to much peeling paint and dents.

Lonesome715

I am dealing with the same thing. My truck is a faded tan and I hate it. I planned to take it apart and paint it, but I do not have the time or money for that kind of project. Right now I am just trying to get it running.

RAYZER

Was out at the lz today accompanied by highfavor and oddball to give me a hand, we managed to get a bunch of tires swapped out and singled out the tractor to make the upcoming job of painting the spring and hub areas possible.
We also installed a different hood that i picked up the other day that is much straighter (not happy unless its straight ).
A friend of mine (Walt,who has been a big contributor on this project),did a real nice job fabricating up some brace plates for the rear fenders.
Estimated time to finish...two weeks!:grd:

Attachments

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks good Ray. How are you prepping the frame and suspension before you paint it? Pressure wash?

RAYZER

Ya,its been pressure washed twice,then about 5 grueling hrs underneath with a chipping hammer and scraper,where do you stop ??? I also hit the rust with some acid.