• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce road tractor conversion

RAYZER

Awsome thread. I want to very much badly biuld a duece tractor. I already have a biuld plan laid out.
I would like to hear of your tractor build plans! I think one major thing that i would have done different would be to start with a truck that was in better cosmetic condition,this truck would have been on the roast weeks ago if i had! Some of these tan trucks from the desert have way to much peeling paint and dents.

Lonesome715

I am dealing with the same thing. My truck is a faded tan and I hate it. I planned to take it apart and paint it, but I do not have the time or money for that kind of project. Right now I am just trying to get it running.

RAYZER

Was out at the lz today accompanied by highfavor and oddball to give me a hand, we managed to get a bunch of tires swapped out and singled out the tractor to make the upcoming job of painting the spring and hub areas possible.
We also installed a different hood that i picked up the other day that is much straighter (not happy unless its straight ).
A friend of mine (Walt,who has been a big contributor on this project),did a real nice job fabricating up some brace plates for the rear fenders.
Estimated time to finish...two weeks!:grd:

Attachments

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks good Ray. How are you prepping the frame and suspension before you paint it? Pressure wash?

RAYZER

Ya,its been pressure washed twice,then about 5 grueling hrs underneath with a chipping hammer and scraper,where do you stop ??? I also hit the rust with some acid.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks