• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Seat Shocks

Awesome Possum

did you guys notice a big difference the the new shock installed? I don't have my truck at home, but can it be installed without removing the seat assemble?
No. You have to get to it from behind with the seat off.
I just got back from O'Reilly's with the Monroe 66104 and it looks like it'll do the trick. Thanks for the feedback, all. We'll get it on the seat shortly.

m816

I'm gonna go right down to NAPA and get me one of the new shocks. I'm fat enough to make the seat bottom out when I drive over an Expansion joint going over bridges. My ass hurts all the time anymore. Oh, for a happy hind end.

Woodsplinter

I installed the Monroe 66104 a couple of months ago and it works great!
I had to file a little bit off the metal bushings that the mounting bolts pass through to get it to fit but it was easy.

badga the badger

I installed the Monroe 66104 a couple of months ago and it works great!
I had to file a little bit off the metal bushings that the mounting bolts pass through to get it to fit but it was easy.
We did the same thing, just with a cut-off disc and an angle grinder. Seems to work very well. $53 + tax at O'Reillys, had it the next morning.

badga the badger

"...No. You have to get to it from behind with the seat off..."

'Off' or 'out'? If 'out', then I have a reason to go to HF for that engine hoist.

Steve
Bad news, Dude.... you're going to have to break down and buy that engine hoist. If it helps, I truly am sorry for the bad news!:jumpin:
DANG! I did it again...posted under my son's name 'cause he didn't log out! Last two posts brought to you by Awesome Possum!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks