• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce sheetmetal

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
Anyone want to comment as to whether or not the following parts from a gasser will fit on a multifuel?
--battery box door
--tool box under driver's door
--step under both doors
--hood
--fenders (I know the passenger side will need some sawzall work for the exhaust)

thanks,
Joel

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes to everything except the fender. If you swap both fenders you should be OK except for under hood space. Its quite a squeeze. Compare the height of the grills. When I did the wrecker I swapped to multifuel front fenders. With the gasser grill I couldn't close the side panels at all. After a few days of pondering I measured grills and the gasser grill is shorter. Changed to a multifuel grill and all was well.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
measured and the gasser grill is indeed shorter, which is too bad as my gasser grill is in way better shape than the multi

houdel

Ken - It seems (pun intended) that BFR is referring to the seam where the front and rear sections of the fender are joined, right about on line with the front of the door.

BFR - Since the rear fender section overlaps the front, the front metal is on a downward slope underneath the rear part. My seams aren't as bad as yours, so my thought was to to wirebrush down to bare metal and soak the seam with rust converting primer, hoping the primer would wick in between thw two pieces of metal and convert any hidden rust. Think that would work?

Also, why change the sheet metal to gasser parts? Wouldn't you also have to change the hood?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks