• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DEUCE spin on oil filters!!!!

welldigger

Thanks, when I fine one this is the first thing I'm doing to it. Fuel included.
I will say the full spin on conversation (all 3 fuel filters and oil) is a bit expensive. But I personally have a seething hatred of old school cannister and element style filters. So the spin on's are not only a vast improvement on ease of maintenance they are also all off the shelf filters at any good parts store.

More importantly than that they don't have a bunch of gaskets to replace or leak.

Djstorm100

I will say the full spin on conversation (all 3 fuel filters and oil) is a bit expensive. But I personally have a seething hatred of old school cannister and element style filters. So the spin on's are not only a vast improvement on ease of maintenance they are also all off the shelf filters at any good parts store.

More importantly than that they don't have a bunch of gaskets to replace or leak.
Never get a new Wrangle then :)

As far as the filter go, I look at them as a investment to protect my toy..LOL

Djstorm100

I guess I forgot to mention I have converted everything I own to spin on filters if they didn't have them already.
I was looking at different kits today on my lunch break.

Funny story, my dad went to change the oil in his 13' jeep (my 12' that I had, had the same setup) anyway he sepnt 20 minutes looking for the oil filter until I show that it is a cartridge element on top of the engine. In a plastic container non the less. He had never seen one like that before.

rustystud

Totally agree with you !!! I even have a spin-on filter for my automatic transmission in my Chevy . I remember replacing some 2qt oil canisters on an older IHC truck. The gasket got twisted when I tightened it down. At start-up, oil shot out like a fire hose ! Before I could shut down the engine there was over 4qts of oil everywhere. The truck held 8qts and I had to replace over 4 after cleaning up the mess.