• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DEUCE spin on oil filters!!!!

welldigger

Thanks, when I fine one this is the first thing I'm doing to it. Fuel included.
I will say the full spin on conversation (all 3 fuel filters and oil) is a bit expensive. But I personally have a seething hatred of old school cannister and element style filters. So the spin on's are not only a vast improvement on ease of maintenance they are also all off the shelf filters at any good parts store.

More importantly than that they don't have a bunch of gaskets to replace or leak.

Djstorm100

I will say the full spin on conversation (all 3 fuel filters and oil) is a bit expensive. But I personally have a seething hatred of old school cannister and element style filters. So the spin on's are not only a vast improvement on ease of maintenance they are also all off the shelf filters at any good parts store.

More importantly than that they don't have a bunch of gaskets to replace or leak.
Never get a new Wrangle then :)

As far as the filter go, I look at them as a investment to protect my toy..LOL

Djstorm100

I guess I forgot to mention I have converted everything I own to spin on filters if they didn't have them already.
I was looking at different kits today on my lunch break.

Funny story, my dad went to change the oil in his 13' jeep (my 12' that I had, had the same setup) anyway he sepnt 20 minutes looking for the oil filter until I show that it is a cartridge element on top of the engine. In a plastic container non the less. He had never seen one like that before.

rustystud

Totally agree with you !!! I even have a spin-on filter for my automatic transmission in my Chevy . I remember replacing some 2qt oil canisters on an older IHC truck. The gasket got twisted when I tightened it down. At start-up, oil shot out like a fire hose ! Before I could shut down the engine there was over 4qts of oil everywhere. The truck held 8qts and I had to replace over 4 after cleaning up the mess.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks