• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce tanker question

MVtrucker

RE: Duece tanker question

Every one I had was plain steel. I was in the home heating oil business and I never encountered fuel tanks made of stainless. They were aluminum or steel.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Duece tanker question

I am sure David Doyle will chime in but I believe the C at the end of the model denotes a truck with a stainless tank...as inM49A2C.

FM 10-67-1 CHAPTER 16:

M49A2C

The M49A2C tank truck is used in open-port refueling, in transporting fuel, and in servicing fuel containers and ground vehicles. It has a stainless steel 1,200-gallon tank. The tank is evenly divided into two compartments. Power for the pump comes from the truck engine. A speed control linkage controls the speed of the truck engine, its power takeoff, and the fuel delivery pump. A 35-foot length of 1 1/2-inch reinforced hose (with a standard 1 1/2-inch, automotive-type nozzle equipped with 100-mesh nozzle screen) is mounted on the roadside of the tank.

TacticalTruck

The above is stainless. The quick way to pick out the M49A2C, stainless, over the M49A2, mild steel, is the bottom edge of the bed line over the rear tandem. The Charlie model is straight and the mild steel version is notched out like a M34 or M135 cargo bed.
Jeff

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Jeff, where does the M50 water truck fit into this? I know there were many versions and comparrtment configs

Crazy_Matt

I was thinking of buying the truck to haul drinking water - but if its had fuel in it I doubt one could get it certified.

The guy wants 3k for it

might even sell the tank and go from there

I have a 5 ton engine lined up for it , if'n I decide to buy it

citizensoldier

Buy it!

Crazy_Matt said:
I was thinking of buying the truck to haul drinking water - but if its had fuel in it I doubt one could get it certified.

The guy wants 3k for it

might even sell the tank and go from there

I have a 5 ton engine lined up for it , if'n I decide to buy it
That is a great price.. I wish you were closer.. I wonder if the inside could be blasted and coated for water? If its stainless it should be nice inside.. Hope you get it..

Crazy_Matt

RE: Buy it!

It is rust free. Wish the '80 was that rusty :D

Its only 100 miles away or so from me - which aint too bad I guess. I was gonna wait on the weather a lil bit before I go look at it. Sad thing is I'll come home with it then. LOL

citizensoldier

Re: RE: Buy it!

Crazy_Matt said:
It is rust free. Wish the '80 was that rusty :D

Its only 100 miles away or so from me - which aint too bad I guess. I was gonna wait on the weather a lil bit before I go look at it. Sad thing is I'll come home with it then. LOL
Price out a 1200 gallon stainless steel tank.. for 3K with a truck under it I would be on the road right now. GL ones sell for 6K and up depending on the type.. A 400 gal stainless M149 trailer is 1K to 4K and no motor.. heheheh..Hope you get it..

MYAMG

Tanker Pumps

Does anyone know if a pump on a M49A2C can pump either gas or #2 fuel oil/diesel? I am thinkng of storing #2 fuel oil in one tank and gas in the other.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks