• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Towbar Instruction Decals

I am not tooting my own horn here but with the response to the towbar "Operators Iinstruction" and "NSN" decals buried in another thread I opted to start a new one so it could be found in a search later on.

I have designed a set of replacement decals for the medium towbar for the Deuce. It is described here in this thread:
http://steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=19613

They are printed on self adhesive vinyl with a PVC overlaminate that makes them impervious to all the elements including alcohol, gas, diesel, acetone, and jealous envy slobber. :drool:

For those interested in these decals they are $8.50 for the set (postage paid). This is more a service to the members here as this just about covers production costs and postage. The equipment alone costs more than 15 average deuces.

Send check or money order to:

Gary Berg/Left Coast Design
P.O. Box 7777
Thousand Oaks, Ca. 91359

I will also try to list them on the classified section here.
And yes, they appear on ePray occasionally.

Revision # 2!

Now showing updated Operators and NSN decals

Attachments

emr

Thank You!!! I have 8 bars ...So I need 8 sets the check will be in the mail first thing Monday...Thanks again, Funny I was just about to drag the one bar i have that still has most of them on it, and get it scanned....Super Sweet...Randy

emr

Subject tow bar under contract No. DAAA 09-81-C-4279 ABBOTT Products are not to be used due to suspected weak welds.

From 1991 Maintanence Memorandum, If anyone happens to have this contract No. on there original decals or just wants to be shure they have a safe tow bar they need to weld 3 inch long by 1/4 in collors on/over the welds on the lunet end of there bars, And just incase... Gary U were going to use different contract #'s on some of the bars, You may not want to use this one...fyi...If its to much of a pita to use different #s i still want 8 sets, I would not have made them different when i had em made here,Thanks !!! randy

Re: RE: Deuce Towbar Instruction Decals

M1075 said:
Nice decals. Will they all have the same serial number?
Yes. Either that or no serial number at all. The price would go right through the roof making a separate file for each and everyone of them with a different serial number.

Thanks for the info Randy. I only know of the contract number that was provided in the picture by Clinto so that's where I got it.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Deuce Towbar Instruction Decals

My towbar TM has NSN 4910-01-365-9304 on the front, your label has "385", is that a different towbar?

Thanks for catching that Bjorn and Blake.
Notice the revised picture above showing the new corrected NSN number.

It's a good thing you caught this when you did as I had a lot of sets going to the post office today. I have removed the tainted NSN's from those envelopes and with the rest I had made up and gave them the deep six.

Fresh one's being made now.

emr

Love the idea of the stowage reversed thing, sure makes sense when seeing it, i ground down one of mine just enough inside to make it neat, now i wont do that again...and I am going to copy the way the lunet is on the pipe end with the pin , that is way cool,...Randy

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, the fat one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks