• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Towbar Instruction Decals

Srjeeper

Gary, the decals came into today's mail and they are exactly like the orginals that are on the bar, very good quality also. Thank you for the fast service and other samples you sent along. :D

emr

WOW!!! Thanks for the decals, Could not have asked for more, Thank You Very Much :D ...It has been noticable to Me for many years Nice People do Nice things, thanks...Randy

CliffW

decals

Srjeeper said:
Gary, the decals came into today's mail and they are exactly like the orginals that are on the bar, very good quality also. Thank you for the fast service and other samples you sent along. :D
:ditto:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: decals

You guys are killing me! I was out, standing in the freezing rain, waiting for the mail lady today! Nothing yet! :cookoo:

CliffW

Re: RE: decals

doghead said:
You guys are killing me! I was out, standing in the freezing rain, waiting for the mail lady today! Nothing yet! :cookoo:
Doghead it gets cold up your way you should not stand out in the rain you get a cold and get sick or something like that. They should come soon, they look very good. :lol:

Hi Guys,

Now, a funny thing happened on the way to perfection. I got a PM from Evilone with some actual close up pictures of the decals as they exist in the real world so I can actually read the things and see how they are laid out.
Since authenticity is what I am striving for I will post here what I received from him.

Hi Polverone -
Just was checking out this thread and noticed a picture of a tow bar in it's mount that you made a sticker for. Great idea on making something that is hard(?) to get for our use, but....for the purists out there and the anal ones, which I may or may not be at times(I'm told), the new sticker is not exactly 100%.
I took the photos of the original bar in Afghanistan as it came issued with our tracked MTVR which was brand new, as well as all it's issued kit. In another thread, I posted the pic's of the bar in the mount mainly for the way it was mounted on the hull, with the leg on backwards for storage. Attached are pictures of the label close up dead on with a little more clarity of the numbers as well as the vehicle with it mounted. I should have included it in the other post but unfortunately I didn't think it important...

New Brunswick, Canada
1952 M-37 CDN w/w
I have included the pictures here for your observation. Though minute in detail there is some difference mostly in the NSN decal. I am throwing the old ones in the round file and recreating them exactly to the pictures below.

So many thanks to Evilone. Now, for those that ordered the decals I am sending you a new set(s) on my dime. I have created an Excel spreadsheet with names and addresses for those that ordered them so it is not a problem who gets them and where to send them. I should have them out on Monday-Tuesday.

At further retrospect, I am wondering if the OPERATORS INSTRUCTIONS decals that I created in the beginning are correct for the time period since it is the same wording/spacing on the TM sheet? Hmmmmmmm. Now I wonder. But I have both now!

Revised decal pictures here

Attachments

joec

Gary recieved thenm in the mail today..!!

Thank's You are the man..!! thanks for the other decals as well. Great Job Quality is deffintliy a factor with you.

Excellent stuff

Thanks
Joe

Srjeeper

Gary, I received the replacement decals in today's mail. Thank you for your attention to detail, generosity and determination to provide only a quality product.

You certainly went the extra mile, your efforts are very much appreciated and to be commended!

Sincerly:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Srjeeper said:
Gary, I received the replacement decals in today's mail. Thank you for your attention to detail, generosity and determination to provide only a quality product.

You certainly went the extra mile, your efforts are very much appreciated and to be commended!

Sincerly:
:ditto:
I missed the mail lady, but I did find a package from Cali in the box when I got home today! These stickers look great! Thanks Gary [thumbzup]

butch atkins

decals for towbar

hey just discovered this thread,my towbar needs decals will be sending check,@#$!,#$%^&,@#$*,i hate dial up modem,aol is not much better,thanks for a good job,looking forward to new decals ,m211 is not running yet but getting closer all the time,glad to see sunlight till 8.00 pm,good luck to all on your projects