• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Truck Pull

Bacon4x

I'm bringing the deuce to a truck pull this Saturday. Any suggestions to do better? I have never entered in a pull before so any tips or tricks would be helpful.

Bacon4x

I don't know how much weight. I have never done it before and did not think to ask. I will be running stock tires. I was thinking of lowering the tire pressure a bit. Maybe 15 to 20 psi.

bill2444

I run 20 psi in the rear stock ndt's (dualed) for everyday driving, Even with a 5000lb load in the bed (not for long distance) and 50 in the front. I would run lower pressure for more traction. Not sure what it will take to peal a tire from the rim. But if were me running i think i would run 10 psi in the rears and maybe 25psi in the fronts.

welding duece

i just pulled mine 2 weeks ago, i lowered all my tires to 18 psi, i used 1st gear hi. I ended up with a full pull. the tires didnt spin at all. i didnt get to pull till 1:30 am so i ended up driving home with low tire pressure, steering was very hard.

5tonpuller

Last time I pulled with the m543a2 I was in first low. tires at 30 lbs. took it out the gate. Last year I was told he had no time. May be this year and Ill get a video. of it.

Heavysteven

Wow the front came up, do you think if you added weights to the front it would help.

You would think a deuce could pull it out the fence in 1st low. Guess its a combination of traction, speed, and momentum.

cturbo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im sure it would help.My tires never spun, I powered out in 1st low, most of the semis spun out half track.