• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Truck Pull

Bacon4x

How much weight did they have on the sled? When I pulled they said the sled was around 30k lbs. I pulled in 1rst low and powered out after 1xx feet. (not sure exact distance). Ill post pics when I get them.

robert c neth

Banned
at yankee lake last saturday i watched a deuce get pulled backwards by a tractor tired 4x4 on the pulling pad. it was kind of sad after the pull everyone was quiet i think they expected more from the deuce.the 4x4 hauled him acrossed the pad with all the deuces tires spinning forward.i thinks there is a video at yankeelake .com.ihave nothing to do with yankee lake iam just a paying customer and like to watch the trucks.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i pulled a 25,000 lb sled last weekend and pulled 352 feet and ran out of power in first low. i had about 3,000lbs of mulch in the back too, tires aired to 40 in the back, and 50 in the front. traction was not a problem at all, i just ran out of horsepower. not bad though!

Bacon4x

Some reason I did not pull nearly that far. As far as I can tell my truck is not drastically underpowered as compared to other M35s, but then again I have not drove any other M35. Most of the modified tractors were not achieving a full pull either. Can they set up the sleds to pull you down faster for different events or should the sleds be fairly uniform?

welding duece

Some reason I did not pull nearly that far. As far as I can tell my truck is not drastically underpowered as compared to other M35s, but then again I have not drove any other M35. Most of the modified tractors were not achieving a full pull either. Can they set up the sleds to pull you down faster for different events or should the sleds be fairly uniform?
yes they can set up the sled different for different weight classes. they add more weight, they can set the weight box to reach the front of the sled faster. and the sled i normally pull has a set of rakes that digs into the the ground partway down the track, when they hit its usually over for most people.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used to pull tractors. There are so many variables that it's hard to post in a thread how to pull. You have to "read" the track. This can only be done after pulling on many different track conditions and knowing how your truck will act on each one. By knowing your track conditions you can move weight around and know when to gas on it or stay out of it to get through the bad spots.

Most of the time you want all your extra weight on the front of a 4X4 (or 6X6) vehicle. The sled is already holding the back down and is trying to take weight off your front end. You also have the added leverage of the weight up front. 100lbs up front will equal 200lbs or more in the bed. Ideally on a dedicated pulling vehicle you'd want to strip it down as light as you can. That gives you more movable weight when you weight it down for pulling.

When I was pulling tractors, once you throw enough money at the motor to have enough power not to stall, it mostly boils down to reading the track and weight placement.

Hooty481

I pulled my deuce at the County Fair in Kentucky. I have the michelin 395 on hemtt wheels at 60 psi. I pull in 2nd low and it did fine untill the weight got high enough to actually put it all on the sled. and then i was done. My wife has a video on her phone if i can figure out how to put it on the computer i'll post it.