• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce use - how do use yours?

GoldComet6

Those are some great looking Deuces! Sounds like if there is a need, the Deuce can handle the job. Maybe everyone own one? Thanks guys, I have enjoyed reading how everybody uses theirs. Some uses, like the baby wipres, I hadn't thought of.......

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gimpy's other truck fills up my pole barn.... and JWC's, and downtown Cincy, and who knows where else.

saddamsnightmare

May 18th, 2008.

"Saddam's Nightmare" (1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W), still runs daily hauling me to work, moving whatever I need her to move, getting the farm tractor unstuck, and at present hauling the MEP023A Hercules Generator Set (I've gotta chain hoist it out when the new garage is done), and likely tomorrow we will set off on a 570+ mile round trip to Norman, OK, to pick up the OK Army NG M105A2 I won in March from GL. I hope she behaves herself, because it's gonna be a long walk home otherwise. Her last military owner (300th QMC,88RRC in Peru, Illinois) and her two previous civillian owners (including Bull Dog Mack 13) managed to rack up about 1200 miles in 5 years, I've run her 1400 since January 2008.... Not bad for an H-7 truck! Most of her ills have been small ones (leaking oil filter & air compressor crankcase gaskets, one small leak from the flywheel drain hole due to the local mechanic overfilling her slightly (THEY NEVER LISTEN ABOUT THE DRAIN BACK TIME!!!!!), and I hope her hubs and axles will behave, as she is not the usual over the road truck.
I know I'm gonna get chewed up for this, BUT..... Uncle sure throws away a lot of good equipment that could stand one more overhaul or even a complete upgrade to newer equipment status.... it's gotta cost less then building some of these newer trucks.... And sorry about the no picture, maybe we can twist Bull Dog Mack 13 's arm to post one of the pictures of her here, as he is much more computer savvy then I am or will ever be.....

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" desert Storm and Vietnam Veteran Deuce, 686A Tan
19?? Johnson Mfg Co. M105A2 Cargo Trailer, ex Okla. Army NG unit.
1967 Hercules MEP023A Gasoline Generator Set
1963 Swiss Army Cargo Unimog, S404.114 Mercedes Benz.
:beer:

racer-xerols

We're planning to use ours to get land ready for living on. Bought a nice piece here in MD that needs cleared, some of the top of the hill needs to be moved down towards the bottom of the hill for better runoff, the driveway needs an overhaul (and an over-width vehicle to knock some stuff down), rocks need moved, buildings need pulled down before they fall on someone, trees and stumps need pulled out of the ground....oh, and I'm sure farmer Dave whose house we drive by on the way to ours is gonna love seeing it go by (makes it that much sweeter!).

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am currently using my keeper deuce (1970 K-J) to hold down the gravel portion of the driveway it sits on. I don't plan on using it too much, I have little property to use for landscaping, yardwork, etc. However, I plan on bringing it to shows and offroad events in the future.

Flea

Mine serves as a local landmark in our neighborhood, transportation to and from wal-mart and just general grocery-getter-ness.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My deuces mainly sit and serve as homes to many, many bees nests. With the child just turning one year old, and trying to get my house on the market, I just don't have much time to play with 'em. When I do, however, it is mainly just driving for fun. I rarely work them, but did use my XM818 to pull out a tree recently. Sorry...no pics.

CanonNinja

Farting around, beach shenanigans, annoying the libbies at Starbucks, and soon to be the unofficial "official" high water rescue truck for my fire dept

appnut1

Mine is just sitting in the backyard holding down some grass and looking good sporting her new lighter physique (just lost 36" and an axle off the back-she got bobbed) other then that not much. Gonna see what I can come up wwith if no one buys her

FSBruva

I think the best is when you go to the lumber yard, and buy some 12 foot boards... and the guy loading them brings a little red flag along, because he doesn't realize the boards don't hang over the tailgate.

We mostly use ours for anything we please. Going out to dinner, grocery shopping, dump runs, mulch hauling and HHG relocations. When we were in Michigan, it was my daily driver, but parking is a problem at the new location.

Matt

my69camaro

My two rigs sit during the week most of the time but get used on the weekends... Either just to cruise Friday and Saturday night, pull friends or myself out of mud holes, or pickup/move hay around the farm.... Sure it's slow but they'll move at least twice as many bails as any of our 1 ton farm trucks...

Attachments

Bigmillman

Well, mine gets her share of abuse. I wish to God that i could get my pics to post! I have hauled 3-4 1/2' diameter white oak logs 12' long in the back and three more on a trailer through knee deep muck about 1/2 mile to the road. I could do no handed pushups for a week after doing that. It was freekin awsome! Other then that. Terrorize the local kids and cops. Never a ticket though. Enjoy!