• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce use - how do use yours?

cten

Yeah, we mostly use ours for my son's scout troop. With 30 boys in the troop the equipment adds up quickly. Plus the occasional run to get bread and milk or just to go out for icecream. Even used her once to pick up the 60" projection TV.

SasquatchSanta

Just recently delivering approximately 14,000 pounds of misc M37 inventory that I sold to Midwest Military. Included was several transfer cases and transmissions, two winches, front and rear axle assemblies and lots of misc parts and canvas.

The LDS-1A an great @ 8MPG loaded @ between 2200 and 2400 RPM.

Attachments

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
to generally drive around,
to honor the military in parades and other civic events,
to pick up women (I did re-upholster the companion seat),
to go on impromptu road trips,
to hold up traffic in the slow lane,
to pull down houses,
to 'impend' towards bling-boom cars,
to help pushy drivers of costly SUVs remember to wait their turn in traffic,
to tinker with the truck itself,
to tinker with military electronics,
to look down into passing cars so as to check out the seat covers,
to go camping,
to be hot and sweaty in the summer,
to take up 4 spaces at Cracker Barrel and cheez off the old people,
to take up 4 spaces at half price books and cheez off the liberal yuppies,
to do ham radio anywhere I please,
to haul my trailer and ATV,
to have more truck for less money,
to get groceries,
to teach mobile command post operations and radio comms, and as a recruiting tool for the state guard,
to silence my cousin's bragging about his 3500 GMC crew cab dually's pulling power,
to annoy neighbors at 0400 when moving out for state duties,
to encourage the crackheads to avoid my property.

FreightTrain

Banned
Opcom,the last one doesn't work!Trust me!They took the pick ax outta the bed of mine to break into my building last year in broad daylight and steal my guns!

dabtl

Mostly it runs in parades. At other times it is used to haul debris to the dump.

Joy riding is the third use. Come to think of it, all driving is joy riding. 8)

SEAFIRE

Ours are used for fighting grass fires. We started out with a 1952 GMC M211 in the early 90's, then we got a 1967 M35A2, right now we have two 1968 M35A2's in service.

We like the 6x6's because they can haul more water and go though heavy brush better than the 4x4 pick-up based brush trucks some other fire departments use.

They do however require a little more maint. and TLC.

We average 30-60 grass/brush fires a year. Down here on the Texas Gulf Coast the land is mostly flat with moderate to heavy brush. We cover about 180 square miles not counting the other areas we respond to for mutual aid. The coastal winds can turn a small brush fire into a very big one in no time.

One of our M35A2's:

Attachments

54reo

OPCOM said:
to generally drive around,
to honor the military in parades and other civic events,
to pick up women (I did re-upholster the companion seat),
to go on impromptu road trips,
to hold up traffic in the slow lane,
to pull down houses,
to 'impend' towards bling-boom cars,
to help pushy drivers of costly SUVs remember to wait their turn in traffic,
to tinker with the truck itself,
to tinker with military electronics,
to look down into passing cars so as to check out the seat covers,
to go camping,
to be hot and sweaty in the summer,
to take up 4 spaces at Cracker Barrel and cheez off the old people,
to take up 4 spaces at half price books and cheez off the liberal yuppies,
to do ham radio anywhere I please,
to haul my trailer and ATV,
to have more truck for less money,
to get groceries,
to teach mobile command post operations and radio comms, and as a recruiting tool for the state guard,
to silence my cousin's bragging about his 3500 GMC crew cab dually's pulling power,
to annoy neighbors at 0400 when moving out for state duties,
to encourage the crackheads to avoid my property.
:lol: HA!

Good one Patrick!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last Sunday my whole family took turns driving it around our fields cause of no SF97.

Most of the time it holds the gravel down in one of our driveways.

Boatcarpenter

Some pics of the deuce at work the customer just got around to sending me from 2 summers ago. Used it to haul all the gear and materials to the job and to haul it all away and the rubble. No dumpster fees, no waiting for deleveries. Backed it right up to the staging to offload right onto the roof. Saved a lot of time, lifting and money.

Attachments

lenz1079

mine is shared with the county coroners office. Right now her uses are the same as everone else, but in a mass disaster or a post apocaliptic world she will transform into her alter ego ARCHANGEL. AA is going to haul the dead from incident to wherever the dead are sent in large numbers. Sorry, nobody wants to see pics of that.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kinda like a graves registration unit. Is there any truth to the rumor that they had black crosses on the door indicating what they are?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks