• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce windshield washer install instructions needed.

machinist75

A buddy of mine gave me a windshield washer squirter kit for my deuce but it was missing the mounting instructions. I like to have instructions when I do an install, takes away all the stupid mistakes. If anyone could pass on the instructions or point me in the direction to find them it would be greatly apreciated.

steelandcanvas

DO NOT put the squirt head where they tell you to in the directions. Move it as far forward as you can in the cowl. I don't recall what dimension was listed in the directions, but it squirts the widshield in the lower inside corners. Moved further forward, the squirt pattern will be wider, and fluid will be picked up by the wipers to be distributed better on the windshield. Don't ask me how I know this. Note to self: Move squirt head to better location this Spring.

wilfreeman

OK, the link says page 92. I checked pages 91-94 but didn't see anything about a windshield washer nozzle install. Do you happen to remember the measurement from the bottom of the windshield or from the front of the cowl for the nozzle? An adjustable nozzle would've been a much better choice - and you can clean them! I just don't understand why the military does things the way they do sometimes!

steelandcanvas

OK, the link says page 92. I checked pages 91-94 but didn't see anything about a windshield washer nozzle install. Do you happen to remember the measurement from the bottom of the windshield or from the front of the cowl for the nozzle? An adjustable nozzle would've been a much better choice - and you can clean them! I just don't understand why the military does things the way they do sometimes!
From post #3: Move it as far forward as you can in the cowl.

IIRC, the directions that came with my kit indicated 4" from the windshield frame, which unfortunately is too close.

steelandcanvas

Forward, towards the front of the vehicle - got it now. I don't know why I was thinking forward was toward the windshield.
If you can, drill your hole for the nozzle from under the dash, straight up. This way the hole is about as close as you can get to the firewall. If you have a cab heater you may not be able to do it this way. Come back about 3/8ths to 1/2 inch from the firewall so you have room to install the retaining nut on the nozzle. My mistake will provide you a nicer, one-time installation, as I now have an extra hole in my cowl. I used a Hoffman Weather-Tite electrical cabinet seal, which did a fine job of concealing my error. Beat to fit, paint to match! ;)

wilfreeman

Yeah, I have a heater, but I'll double check to see if there is room behind it for a drill. This is the type of info I was searching for. Some people (me) like to learn from others who have already done these upgrades - and possibly from their mistakes, instead of making their own. I am the type that searches for and reads everything I can find on a subject before attempting it myself (no matter how easy it seems, there will always be a tip or trick that will help). Thanks for the help, and I will post pics of my install on here and my blog to help the next guy with the same questions.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think I had to also raise the nozzle up as it was hitting too low on the glass. I'll check later a post a photo.

wilfreeman

Man, if it is that much trouble, I'll just buy an adjustable one. What would you guys suggest - would buying a $15 nozzle be a better idea?

steelandcanvas

Man, if it is that much trouble, I'll just buy an adjustable one. What would you guys suggest - would buying a $15 nozzle be a better idea?
Never thought about purchasing a different nozzle, doing that may have saved me drilling the extra hole. You might be on to something here, buy the adjustable nozzle and keep us informed on your progress, with photos of course!

Last edited:

wilfreeman

I found a couple on eBay really cheap. I'll probably stop by O'Reilly in the morning on the way home from work to see what they have in stock. What do you think, 2 double squirter nozzles (2 squirters per windshield) or just a single nozzle in the middle of the cowl (1squirter per windshield)? I will be using the manual pump.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks