• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce winter hood covers

How many hibernate their MV's for winter?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dblcamaros

Can anyone out there help me out with some info please? I have acquired two bags with winter covers in them. They consist of two side panel covers and a hood cover, also have the hardware with them. I searched tirelessly on the internet for them and can not find them, I would like to know what their value is. SO I know whether or not it would be a fair trade for a vinyl one pice cargo cover and possibly maybe fiberglass troop seats. Like I said I can't find any values on them. I know some people on here have some installed on their trucks also. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

dblcamaros

that sounds really low, i have found the grill covers and they go anywhere from $75 -$120 just for the grill cover. This covers the entire hood and both side covers, a lot of canvas.

dblcamaros

yeah I think this is to compliment the grill covers, and if you add in the shifter and transfer lever covers it will give you a COMPLETE arctic winterization kit. minus the heaters of course, but one small step at a time ...unfort.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They were part of a large kit. Personally I wouldn't put a huge value in them. I'd think the grill cover is worth more, and they're certainly not what fiberglass troop seats or a one piece cargo cover is worth.2cents

dblcamaros

no I would trade one for a nice one piece vinyl cover and possibly trade other for the seats or just sell that one and get seats later. I didn't expect to get both for one cover lol..........although that would have been nice, but a little unrealistic.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
no I would trade one for a nice one piece vinyl cover and possibly trade other for the seats or just sell that one and get seats later. I didn't expect to get both for one cover lol..........although that would have been nice, but a little unrealistic.
What I mean is: I don't think a hood cover is remotely close in price to either a set of troop seats or a cover. I would say 75-100 absolute max.

dblcamaros

I think that the fact that these covers are very hard to find would dictate a little more. You can find the grill overs everywhere..............tell me where you can find these? I have been searching a lot and found none. But it's fine if no one wants to trade for them or buy them for what I want or whatever...........not a problem they don't take up much room in my garage.

ODdave

I think that the fact that these covers are very hard to find would dictate a little more. You can find the grill overs everywhere..............tell me where you can find these? I have been searching a lot and found none. But it's fine if no one wants to trade for them or buy them for what I want or whatever...........not a problem they don't take up much room in my garage.
This statement tells me you have a pretty good idea what you want for them so instead of starting a useless thread and arguing with potential customers PAY the $15 and post them in the classifieds.

dblcamaros

I have no idea what to ask for them...and secondly an opinion is not an argument, at least not when I was in school. You guys stated your opinoions. I believe that in America I have the right to state mine as well. So stop the politically correct crap. I simply replied to a statement with one of my own. If you don't want to have a response to your statements .....simply don't make one.

eagle4g63

I do agree that the complete front set is a very hard thing to find.....I have the complete Arctic/Winterization kit and it is on my truck!!!

The blankets do help and yes you do notice a big difference with the hood blanket and side blankets on.....but the shifter boots don't complete it....having ALL the military issue interior cab insulation does:lol::lol:....and that stuff is nice!!

I would also say that the front nose piece is easy to find....the other 3 pieces should bring in a lot more than the nose piece alone.

Attachments

dblcamaros

Thanks Eagle then I am on the right track. Only problem is I still have no real idea what they are worth. Where do you find the insulation for the cab you spoke about. I would like to do that also seeing as how I already have the covers on my truck, and I am sure that the insulation would probably also help with the noise level as well.

FormerNewMVGuy

I have a complete set for the 809 series 5 ton , Hood ,side and front cover with all hardware, and i paid a hundred bucks for the whole shootin match!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks