• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce with 6v92T Detroit and transmission.....????

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
Well mine is not a 5 ton it's an m35a2 what are your axle ratios because according to my calculations I would get 41 mph at 2300 rpm with your transmission so I'm not doing anything the hard way. The duece is geared at 6.72:1 and with a 10.555 foot rolling circumference at 2300 rpm that's 41 mph....and if I recall correct that trans cannot handle to power of a 6v92 turbo. It is not rated for it.
for the math to be most accurate, you use the loaded radius of the tire, then
mph = ( rpm * radius) / ( 168 * ratio)

whiskey357

Banned
My so many suggests on how to do it with so many different types of combinatuions......I guess the first question is A. how deep are your pockets...B. ask a truck dealer on heavy commercial trucks ..(they love to talk bundles)...C. Just how bad do you want this?????......and D. Really ask the commercial truck guys as they will take your call at cummins and other places....they love a change of pace.....best of luck.........

Goomer214

Ryan123, what are the laws like there in Colorado about swapping in engines ? Do they require you to meet EPA standards ? Here in Washington we are required to meet EPA standards. Since the 2 stroke Detroits do not meet EPA standards you would not get it licensed here. I hope Colorado is different.
Im pretty sure your military truck would not fall under any EPA requirements

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryan123

Well in Colorado you can put in an engine the same year or newer and as far as the idiot at the counter knows it's stock still your truck doesn't get inspected so all is good

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks