• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce without primary fuel filter?

cranematt

was wondering if other members out there have or have seen deuces without a primary fuel filter. I have craweld all over my truck and still cant locate one. I am new to this hobby and any info would be appreciated.

ctmustang

Should be a round cylinder under the generator. Or read the tech manuals located on this awesome site. tm's are full of all the info you will ever need.:deadhorse:

cranematt

Its a mulitfuel. There is no housings, petcocks or anything that resembles a filter. Was just courious if others out there have seen or heard of deuces not having one.

Carl_in_NH

Never seen one without the filter - but then again I've not really checked. Did you look at fuel line routing - was the filter there, and removed / replaced by either a short line or perhaps someone putting in a replacement long section of fuel line?

Where did you get the truck? I can't imagine one coming out of DMRO without the filter, but if a private sale someone could have removed it.

cranematt

Bought it private sale. The previous owner didnt know how to replace a brake line so i doubt he removed it. The only line on the right side frame rail is a brake line. Was getting dark so i havent followed the line out of the tank yet.

cranematt

I have it registered as a 74. Gave carnac the frame number came back as a 53 REO. Recently found out it was an airforce truck (blue paint everywhere) read somewhere that carnac couldnt do airforce trucks so im not real sure.