• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce without primary fuel filter?

cranematt

was wondering if other members out there have or have seen deuces without a primary fuel filter. I have craweld all over my truck and still cant locate one. I am new to this hobby and any info would be appreciated.

ctmustang

Should be a round cylinder under the generator. Or read the tech manuals located on this awesome site. tm's are full of all the info you will ever need.:deadhorse:

cranematt

Its a mulitfuel. There is no housings, petcocks or anything that resembles a filter. Was just courious if others out there have seen or heard of deuces not having one.

Carl_in_NH

Never seen one without the filter - but then again I've not really checked. Did you look at fuel line routing - was the filter there, and removed / replaced by either a short line or perhaps someone putting in a replacement long section of fuel line?

Where did you get the truck? I can't imagine one coming out of DMRO without the filter, but if a private sale someone could have removed it.

cranematt

Bought it private sale. The previous owner didnt know how to replace a brake line so i doubt he removed it. The only line on the right side frame rail is a brake line. Was getting dark so i havent followed the line out of the tank yet.

cranematt

I have it registered as a 74. Gave carnac the frame number came back as a 53 REO. Recently found out it was an airforce truck (blue paint everywhere) read somewhere that carnac couldnt do airforce trucks so im not real sure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks