• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Diesel additives

Jeepsinker

You can get a gallon of tcw3 at Walmart for $12. I don't see trans fluid cheaper than that, but yes it'll work as long as a cop doesn't dip your tank and see red. If you aren't concerned about that, run it.

Jack Lope

You can get a gallon of tcw3 at Walmart for $12. I don't see trans fluid cheaper than that, but yes it'll work as long as a cop doesn't dip your tank and see red. If you aren't concerned about that, run it.
At walmart today, the TCW3 was $12 and the same brand ATF was $11. I still got the TCW3 for now.

Jeepsinker

Tcw3 won't give you any problems with law and it works great. For the difference in price of $1 it is worth using the blue oil. I doubt an officer would get upset over blue oil.

forest522

Everyone, Well to second or maybe even third, the TWC3 comments...I am on the second tank of fuel with the additve from Wallies'. The motor is without a doubt more quiet and seems to have a little more pep. No increase in smoke, no increase in smell. Though, the smell does seem less, not sure how to describe it...but less harsh...less burned. S

So I am running the gallon through now. I bought the small cannister at first and will use that as my measure per tank. There will be occasions when I may add a little more that then prescribed amount because I don't always run the tank dry. Most often I fill up at about 1/4 or 1/3. I like to look for the good deals on diesel. Last fill up was 3.49 /gal. Woohoo!!

Next move will be to the Opt stuff. Need to save up for that amazon purchase. Will repost after that.