• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dinger65 M38A1 Jeep

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Second that on the thanks Zout. The amount of enjoyment and the things I have learned by following your threads is impossible to duplicate. I sure hope you get another project I can follow or I will have to get out in the shop and finish mine. :)

Can't wait for the rally!!!!!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
After seeing the SCUD at the MVPA thingy I'm sorta yearning for a smaller US version mounted on an M54A1 5ton!!:idea::idea:

Wanna put some bogus controls and buttons where folks can touch them but have them PLAINLY marked..."DO NOT PUSH BUTTONS!!

Of course they will.. and lights will flash, warning sirens blare and lots of smoke comes out the bottom of the "missile".

Sould be good for a few laughs/ heart attacks etc.:grd:

Just wanna wish you luck...we're all counting on you:

Attachments

zout

Ending the M38A1 Build thread

Here are a couple pics of the jeep today tinkering around on - I also have a digital camera movie I will try to get on it - or otherwise I have no clue how to do it.

Wiring starts tomorrow - Dingers getting a throttle pedal w/ link and piviot so we can drive it around without having to use a throttle cable (PIA btw).

It was awesome to see his face when it was fired up - awesome to see his face when it was able to bring it back into the garage.

Got some other things done the pics show - but otherwise this thread has been fun for me ( I amuse easily) but the rest is not worth while posting - telling stories about or wasting anymore time on.

Hopefully those that come to the 2012 GA Rally and if Dinger decides to come - he may bring it.

As for this thread -: THE END

zout

I went to YouTUbe to post the video and after about 50 attempts with the fricking PIA security code at the bottom to input I was DONE. I cannot read it not does that BS make any sence to me. Half the chit is meaningless and all distorted to me.
So therefore I have a great digital camera video that is worthless unless I just cut to disc as the mail server will not send it either as it is too large.

Done and not worth my time to dinker around.
Admin - thread can be closed.

zout

Now that litle young rascal showed me how to do that - the 43 has a great video of it as well thoughout the entire build w/music - I may try to get that on here as well.

PB - he did drive it backwards - back into the garage in reverse.

zout

I have a couple You Tube downloads going of Dingers first runs out of the garage and down the street going at this time - will get them posted up so you know this thing REALLY walks and talks.

Been short of 60 days with all the obstcales thrown in the way - but everything happens for a reason I guess - I know I do not get it - but that is what I know.

Few wire glitches happening due to the light switch cable not being what it is suppose to be - so I may take it all out and re-wire it again with the old plug off the back end of the switch - going from there to the components.

Get the video's up as soon as they are downloading - Dinger has all he can do NOT to SMILE.

One will be here in 59 minutes: http://youtu.be/x6V-fyFYZSs

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
See now...Dinger65 thinks he is slick...jumping out of the jeep and hiding behind that bush so we couldn't see him smiling from ear to ear and doing the "Happy Dance"!!:D

I can't believe you guys turned that pile of parts into a truly sweet unit in such a short time.:shock::shock:

Oh...I just gotta ask...did he run over...or into anything??:razz::razz:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks