• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dinger65 M38A1 Jeep

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That reminds me, you said you'd take me snipe hunting at the next Ga rally! I can't wait!

Snipe Hunting Hints

The Snipes camouflage may enable snipe to remain undetected by hunters in marshland. If the snipe flies, hunters have difficulty estimating a correct aiming lead for the bird's erratic flight pattern. The difficulties involved in hunting snipe gave rise to the term “sniper,” referring to a skilled anti-personnel military sharpshooter

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Snipe Hunting Hints

The Snipes camouflage may enable snipe to remain undetected by hunters in marshland. If the snipe flies, hunters have difficulty estimating a correct aiming lead for the bird's erratic flight pattern. The difficulties involved in hunting snipe gave rise to the term “sniper,” referring to a skilled anti-personnel military sharpshooter

I see you've read Evilyn Woodhead's book..."The Yankee's Basic Primer for Snipe Huntin in the South".

By the way...the Military ALWAYS uses southern fellers for snipers cause they require no training and they bring their own weapons and ammo. Plus...they don't ask for any pay.;)

First...you gotta learn how to work the bag.:grd:

zout

Well honestly from being formerly from Northern Mich - which is a territory only known to a few, and Southern folks barely tread.

I use to snipe hunt and was known throughout the territory for the best SOUND SHOOTER around. YUP - hunted them snipes at night time with no laterns. Kinda just laid that there skill into the deer hunting as well. No use hunting during the daylight when them other gun toting maniacs are out there.

DH is taking very good care of my snipe dog.

Now if you really want to try your skill - try Naugie hunting.
It takes many a pelt to make a full naugahyde coat to cloth your family. So you have to be really good.

Sun is coming up - starter calling to be sent out and its ills repaired so this baby can fire up tonight. I just see more of this story coming.

zout

WOW - read that article on the fuel can maker in OK going out of business for folks being stupid and sueing them - I have been stupid but no way would I go back on the mfg for having a little fun and having it backfire on me - geeeze talk about stupid people.

So a squirt bottle filled from a fuel can is much better to shoot into the carb RIGHT ??

Still gotta figure out how to call Dinger and tell em I blew up his jeep. That ole Zout 2 is always around when you do not want a camera. Guess I will have to see who made the squirt bottle and find out why they did not imprint DO NOT FILL WITH GAS YOU IDIOT AND SPRAY INTO A CARB.

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I don't think the jeepie got hurt too bad in that little blast/fire.:eek:

Just tell Dinger65 that when Ron's steel toed boots shorted out the electrical system the combobulator went ballistic and there was a SMALL fire!;)

When you get the starter back and have the jeep running just park it in the power line area and call Bud.
When he shows up, tell him a UFO tried to land and the jeep musta been in the way...thereby explaining the "scorch marks".

You may also want to start legal proceedings against Ron...for wearing the boots, the boot manufacturer for not attaching a warning label to the boots, and NORAD/NASA for not warning you of the UFO in your AO.

Yes...I did work for the government at one time:grd:

Attachments

Last edited:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You may also want to start legal proceedings against Ron...for wearing the boots, the boot manufacturer for not attaching a warning label to the boots, and NORAD/NASA for not warning you of the UFO in your AO.

Yes...I did work for the government at one time:grd:
You will also want to sue Blitz. They made the evil gas can which filled the jeep up with fuel. (Better hurry though, I hear they are going out of business).:deadhorse:

zout

WOW - I thought the things Ron had on his feet were his (PPE) Personal Protection Equipment - meaning his safety gloves. I never saw steel towed boots with placements for toes in them aua.

Hey Jim - that was my deep synester way of poking fun at stupid people sueing a fuel can MFG in my above thread - enough stupid people to put a reputable manufacturer out of business - especially the last fuel can mfg in the USA. So much going absolutely wrong with this Country it makes me wanna puke.

Starter is back and this home boy is waiting to get out of work to get busy.

dinger65

Papabear, just read this. Re going on a snipe hunt....It's been along time since I've hunted. Don't think we called 'em Snipes (close but....) I do seem to remember having to adjust math in order to range 'em cause they were only 2/3 height of normal people. I guess it'll come back to me..."just like riding a bicycle". A great big OOOORAAAGH to the CAMO group, Ron and Dave for getting the engine in and in record time. Zout's AO will never be the same!!!!Dinger out

zout

Zouts camp is always mayham - quickstep - and no holds bared.

ENGINE IS ALIVE -
pulleys on the engine go round and round
round and round
round and round
the pullies on the jeep go round and round
just as smooth as silk.

TIming needs just a twitch to bring it to spec - knucklehead me picked up too short of water pump belts and that will be surely cured tomorrow to help cool this sweet baby down. Got a couple other minor things repaired as only they could be seen once running - got the drivers seat in process of getting mounted while screwing around listening to the engine run in short spurts after cooling down with the big fan on the engine.

Now I gotta tell ya - we have introduced a new style of headlights - and most of only the 3 that are reading this thread understand - those are FLAME THROWER headlights. Just had these red cups laying around and they are awesome for throwing flames to light your way.

In the one pic the crank is actually spinning - but seeing Debs shoots pics so fast it looks like it standing still - Kind of like how I work.

Attachments

zout

End is coming near. Should be able to get it out on the powerline this weekend to go though a couple test runs and back into the garage to get onto the wiring.

There are some other minor parts just related to be able to get it streetable - but other than that its just the little stuff to finish up the jeep - stuff that can be picked on once roadable - if ya know what I mean.

I will finish off this thread this weekend for those that just want to see it move from the garage - but other than that - its the end of the thread this weekend.

I Have no other projects in mind or thinkin of - so I will be a reader only.
Having nothing else intelligent to state that could add to a heap of other posts - will just kind of hang out for a while.

From picking the jeep up through a CAMO member - many thanks.
From the assistance from CAMO getting the jeep ready in a record time - thank you.
John up at Midwest Military for parts - thank you.
For Dingers patience in waiting for me to get this done - thank you - even though you thought I was totally out of my mind when we started.aua

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you Zout for all the excellent narrative and pics. Great thread on the highs and lows we see in the world of MV.

Looking forward to the power line pics

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks