• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DirtBag Fall 2011 ???

BLK HMMWV

OK
I know it's a bit early yet but this should give WWI enough time to go get him a good calendar with numbers other than 36-24-36 on it .:mrgreen: Something with holidays, birthdays, perhaps not just pictures of bunny's.[thumbzup]
I know that last time it was a bit windy to say the least. I made the trip out the full 4 days with WWI & WWII and I doubt I'm going to do that again.:cookoo:

He is going to hate me for saying this but here goes.

It's almost impossible to pick a date that will work for everyone so the sooner a date is picked the easier it will be to make plans. I do know that he tries to find a date that works for the majority of people . I know that he has seen DB grow from just a few people to an event and like a good host he wants to see everything go smooth . Sometimes when that happens it's not fun anymore. I know when I have tried to plan a group event that I get a bit stressed out trying to make sure everyone is having a good time and I forget to have fun too. I don't want to see that happen to him . He may just decide to go by himself.:twisted:

How was that for Ass Kissing?????:roll:

WWII you might need to get his schedule right from the source .:cool:

BH/ CC/ H

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, the date has been checked, rechecked and verified by not one, but TWO independent parties. The weekend of Oct. 22, 2011. Same place. Hole and I will most likely be out there Thursday mid day or Friday. Bring wood, food, bevs and be ready for the desert!

998Junkie

Ok, the date has been checked, rechecked and verified by not one, but TWO independent parties. The weekend of Oct. 22, 2011. Same place. Hole and I will most likely be out there Thursday mid day or Friday. Bring wood, food, bevs and be ready for the desert!

Wow...doesn't leave much time. My CUCV is on blocks...better get it done.

I'm going to block the time for sure.:beer:

BLK HMMWV

Ok
It's inked.
Looks like it will work well with my Clan.

Now to engage the crypto keys.

I wonder if the ghost rider on the Quad will make it out again. Not the one who played Don Quehote with the flaming dougnut a few times back (I'm guessing he will be a given) but the one who rode through camp driving away the evil spirits with his battle helmet. I guess that will depend if old mother Hubbard has anything left in the cupboard.
I guess we will just have to see . Also wondering if the Karma clan will show this time with thier new Captain.

Caucasian Foreigner's will not be welcome in my presence this time. I missed all of the glow stick challange and the lightning strike around the firepit due to my run in with them.
Rita and her cousin's will however be making the rounds at night.
I hope the shovel weenies make a comeback this year .
And of course the flaming donuts they will never grow old.

What mysteries await us at DB this year ??
I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Crypto Off

BH/CC/HTLH

Mwahahahahahahaha

BLK HMMWV

Thomas my good man.
I'm sure you meant to say Desert Alarm clocks.
They seemed to have the desired effect on Junkie he seems to like them the most.
I hope I can do better then last time I had a hard time setting them off for some reason last time, my eyesight seemed to be a bit blurred from my run in with the foreigners the night before.

998Junkie

Hey Junkie
I haven't seen you around for awhile.
BH
I almost made it to the last meeting, but it was go or work on the truck and I need to get that thing done, and without someone letting some tannerite go in my back yard there is almost no way I can get up that early...I work until 2-3 am on weekends. :beer:

I was going to do the ORD shackle flip, but I pulled the bed off and went to work on the corrosion on the frame, mis-ordered a few parts and had to wait for the shipping, then work and my fun governor took a few weekends...

Started the Job in May, all I have left is to figure out how to grease the greasable u-joint (won't work with my gun) bleed the brakes, finish the paint, put the bed on and get the brush guard installed...then I can work on the inside.

When I'm done I'll have a full 4" lift with new springs in the front, the sway bar disconnect greasable shackles, new shocks and a one inch body lift.

It was a lot harder than I thought it would be...

Last edited:

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess we will just have to see . Also wondering if the Karma clan will show this time with thier new Captain.
Not sure about the others yet, but I plan to be there. Have to replace the head gaskets on the M109 before then (sure sounds simple enough, but I need it to cool down a bit here first, wrencing on the truck in 110 degree heat isn't something I want to do).

TheRecorder

"What mysteries await us at DB this year ??
I guess we will just have to wait and see."

Crypto Off

BH/CC/HTLH

I know Boo Boo and myself are anticipating the Golf and Tennis rounds. I hope Bowling will be an entry too.

Last edited:

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey now! If the Good Lord is Willin' and the creek don't rise--- we're looking forward to attending. And just like for last Spring DB, to what degree we'll be able to participate is unknown at this time. It's a Catch22 situation; if I'm gainfully employed by then, our time in-camp will probably be limited. If NOT gainfully employed by then--- it's wide open!:beer:

Last Spring DB was our first time out and it was fun even for just the afternoon we were there. But Lynn and I hardly met a fraction of you all because clean-up was in full swing. Come what may--- we're looking forward to meeting more of you and a great time no matter!
Ciao~!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks