• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DirtBag Fall 2011 ???

K10A

I never said you dont wheel I can see from looking at the old trip you do.

I DID say you dont wheel LIKE I do. IE abuse you vehicle.
That is what I built mine for.

why do you assume we don't wheel ? that's a pretty stupid thing to think
reading and comprehension.....

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm thinking that this probably isn't the trip for you, there are many places closer that are better for strictly wheelin. That isn't the main focus of Camp Dirtbag even though some wheelin does occur.

armytruck63

Maybe I'm different, but I view any vehicle as a fine piece of machinery and I usually don't do something that would purposely damage it. Sure there is normal wear and tear, but I don't go out of my way to abuse any vehicle.

I feel this is ESPECIALLY true of Historic Military Vehicles.

You're still welcome at Camp DB, if you want to take a walk on the slightly tamer side.

Met1

Maybe I'm different, but I view any vehicle as a fine piece of machinery and I usually don't do something that would purposely damage it. Sure there is normal wear and tear, but I don't go out of my way to abuse any vehicle.

I feel this is ESPECIALLY true of Historic Military Vehicles.

You're still welcome at Camp DB, if you want to take a walk on the slightly tamer side.
armytruck63 did you use Camp DB and the word tame in the same sentence? Really?? George is obviously slacking. :mrgreen:

BLK HMMWV

Met 1
I'm just a passenger . You switched to driver after the night time duck hunt , and war helmet. I am but a peon in your shadow of enlightenment.
You sure you can't make this one?
BH

Met1

If there is any possible way that I can make it, rest assured I will. It's just not looking good at the moment.

I dont think that I could fill your shoes. You have set a very high bar.

M1009 Fiend

Just because i like to plan sh** and then have stuff ready way to early. What amount of water, fuel, beer, tp do people bring? General lists of recommended supply's/cleaning food?

Last edited by a moderator:

BLK HMMWV

Bring what you plan on using and then a little extra.
Only you know how much TP you need. (I don't want to know the roll or ply count)
You will always be able to find a little extra of something from somebody.

It's a pretty generous group.
The basics are food for your group and one extra, Water for your group doubled, Your favorite adult beverage times 5 .
Fuel for your clean up tools. ( you more then likely will be trying out a few new tools that someone else brought so extra fuel is always a good thing.

Other then that come with a open mind , an open hand, and an American spirit.

BH/CC

hole

Water; How much you normally drink a day x2

Fuel; Fill up just before exit and you'll be fine

Beer; How much you drink per day x4

TP; Unless you have goo butt, 1 roll should be fine

Cleaning food/fuel; 1-2k per tool, 3-5k if BF:twisted:

General; Standard camping gear will be fine. Just keep in mind we're in the desert, warm/hot days and cool/cold nights. For the most part, Fall DB is the easiest to prepare for weather wise as it generally doesnt get COLD at night( unlike spring) A light jacket/sweatshirt will normally do for night time:beer:

Last edited by a moderator:

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another question, Is there cell service out there?
Yes and no. For me, I can get a call off to my wife if I go to the top of a hill nearby, but not when at camp. But I have ATT so less bars in more places, your reception will vary, just don't expect full time cell service.

hole

As stated, no service in camp but a mile or so down the road we get it.

Cucvnut, it's not about suffusion or needing back up. Aside from checking on potentially lost or broken down members, it's about checking in after dinner and first thing in the morning to let the "Boss" know I'm still alive and have all my digits. My wife knows what I/we do out there, and the least I can do is ease her mind :mrgreen: