• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

dirtbag XI

998Junkie

In high school spent a week on the USS William H Stanley during summer. The ships mess showed the Blues Brothers every night....

Since it was a destroyer they put the screen in the middle of the mess and one night I would watch it projected correctly, the next night I would watch it reversed...kind of cool and the car chases were the best.

1941 isn't so bad either.

For the inner Jar-head there is always Full Metal Jacket.

BLK HMMWV

:beer: I just inflated the screen today .Fired up the projector with a test run of Tora,Tora, Tora, Patton and Were Eagles Dare. All good flix's with a military flare .
Bring your jiffy pop for the movie.

BLK HMMWV

donuts

Jim
I think Hundy had that coverd.

Hole
As to the movie night.
I'm thinking early movie. No intermission.
Starting between 8 to 9:00 then after the movie we can let the donuts loose.
The whole camp will be tuned in better on the flaming dough.

Is that the list of movies ?
I was hoping for more movies with a military theme.

I actually have about 7 hundred or so movies in the library but will need to down load some to the computer so I will have to make sure I know what you want.

The Desert Drive-in would not be possible without the help and support from a few friends. If it sucks and you guys hate it ,then it's my fault. If you love it then special thanks go to my friend Eric for the video library and Dimitri for the projector and screen.

BH

BLK HMMWV

Yes yes and yes.
April 7th-10th.

If you have enough $$$ you might be able to get through registration and toxicology but the cavity search is kind of a requirement for a first timer. Unless you bring a copy of your current dental records.

BH

Met1

Yes yes and yes.
April 7th-10th.

If you have enough $$$ you might be able to get through registration and toxicology but the cavity search is kind of a requirement for a first timer. Unless you bring a copy of your current dental records.

BH
Hey George, what gives, I brought my dental records last time, but yet you still broke out the rubber gloves???:D

BLK HMMWV

Sorry Mark
I was new.
Will wasn't specific when he deligated the duty to me. Besides your supposed to have the check up after 40. It's part of the new health care plan. Everyone will be getting it in the end. :mrgreen:

Major Asstyrd

May consider attending depending on if toxicology limit is .08 minimum or is it maximum? You pick the toxin. And does morning or afternoon make a difference?

Met1

Well I did appreciate the ASSistance, so all is good. Speaking of exams, I need you to take a look at my balls. I need to know if they are the right size for that bowling project that you are bringing.

On another note, I finally got that fuel leak on my truck fixed!! Now I just have to get the seal around the top of the fuel tank changed and I will be good to go!

I need to get replacements for my two front tires, so I may need to find out what Hundys poison is, to soften the financial impact on the fun fund. [thumbzup]

Last edited:

Met1

May consider attending depending on if toxicology limit is .08 minimum or is it maximum? You pick the toxin. And does morning or afternoon make a difference?
I believe that .22 is minimum and .50 is maximum by California law, but then again I'm not an attorney.

offroadrunner

Is that the list of movies ?
I was hoping for more movies with a military theme.
BH
George,
How about Battle of the Bulge? It' s got the military theme (but still family-friendly), lots of action, just about everybody who was somebody at the time was in it, its got lots of passable-looking tanks (at least the ones that were supposed to be Shermans and PzKw-IV's anyway, the Tigers maybe not so much), and I haven't seen it in a while. Only downside - it was a pretty long movie in released form; could push the doughnut-rolls pretty late.

Another possibility: Guns of Navarone - a bit cheesier, but maybe appropriate because of that.

Cheers,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks