• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

disabling a deuce.... do you?

Chow717

It has crossed my mind about a few times about my 7yr old son and his early addiction to OD. He loves to sit, play and ride in the duece but is only allowed to do so when I am with him. I know it will happen eventually that I will not be there and he will get in the truck. I am worried that he would accidentally fire it up, or that some of his older cousins may try to start it. Does anyone disable their truck when it is parked? How do you if you do. I am to the point of disconnecting the battery but would like an easier way (if possible) so it can be done when taking it places and the public decides to take a close look at it when I am elsewhere.

kcimb

RE: disabling a duece.... do you?

Disconnect the battery and lock the battery box. Someone here made some sort of Fuel switch lock?

mangus580

RE: disabling a duece.... do you?

do a search for 'deuce locks'

This has been discussed a few times, and there are many great ideas posted. Ranging from battery switches, to e-brake locks, and acc switch locks.

rizzo

my 2.5 yr old can climb into the deuce and even open the doors. the 543 with 1600's is too much for him.

I always put the t-case in neutral, but that doesn't do much if they stand on it. I let him play in the deuce cause it has no bats. I only let him play in the wrecker when I am there.

He rolled my dads Buick down the little hill into the neighbors yard cause dad left the keys in it. I don't understand how he was able to get it out of N unless he stepped on the brake and pulled the shifter

rizzo

I took my deuce to pre school to let the kids play in it and took the dog bone out so they could click, twist and push whatever they wanted

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
My son knows not to go in mine unless im at home and with him. Scared of a spankin.

But I keep the wheel locked, 2 new chocks , park brake , t case in neutral and one other thing.
I do that mostly for the homies and certain peole that walk or drive by our neighborhood.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a thought but what if someone drilled a hole through the cut off rod and you put a quick pin and when you are under hood for the pre trip check you remove. If you don't know it's there is will never start even if you push the dash cut off in.

Attachments

nf6x

Feral Engineer
I'd chock at least one wheel on both front and back of the wheel and run a chain through the chocks to keep them there, in case your boy or one of his friend tries to "shift" that lever on the left side of the driver's seat!

nf6x

Feral Engineer
I'd chock at least one wheel on both front and back of the wheel and run a chain through the chocks to keep them there, in case your boy or one of his friend tries to "shift" that lever on the left side of the driver's seat!

taylordc15

I installed a keyed battery disconnect switch, cut a hole in the battery box and mounted it so I can insert the key and connect the battery with out having to open anything up.

goldneagle

Easiest way to keep kids and some adults out of the truck is to install door locks. They are cheap and easy to install. I bought door locks that fit the postal jeep sliding doors or walk in vans similar to UPS trucks.

Attachments

HeadWizard

Oh my eyes!!! The chrome bling handles..........

Gimme your address and I'll send you a can of camo spray paint.

Good idea though. Where can one obtain such an item?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks