• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DJE YOU Won't believe where I found parts

LuckyDog

So, I googled some part numbers for the gaskets I need to fix my compression problem. ( http://www.steelsoldiers.com/auxiliary-equipment/83566-compression-testing-mep-002a-003a.html for details )

I couldn't believe SEARS Parts Direct was hit.

Hey, I can take a chance. I checked for the other gaskets. Yep, lots of them there and web says "In Stock".

I called the Rep and asked if they were ONAN parts. She said yes, manufacturer is Onan Corp. Don't know why or how they got them but hey...

I checked some other parts and they show up in stock too.

Not everything shows up as in stock.
Glow plugs using the TM part number (333-0104) don't but using the correct PN (333-0107) they showed up.

Gaskets I needed were as cheap as any other site.
Some parts I found only at SEARS, and price was reasonable.
Some parts are :tin hat:crazy priced

Caveat Emptor, but worth checking out.

tags: MEP-002A MEP-003A ONAN DJE DJF

Last edited:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sears must have sold some generators at one time using an Onan engine. Not likely to be the 002A or 003A engine, but an engine that uses some of the same parts. Good find!

Isaac-1

They are parts that ship direct from Cummins Onan, basically the same stuff you can get through one of their generator dealers, but often at cheaper prices.

Ike

p.s. Onan part numbers will be in the XXX-XXXX number format

Last edited:

LuckyDog

They are parts that ship direct from Cummins Onan, basically the same stuff you can get through one of their generator dealers, but often at cheaper prices.

Ike

p.s. Onan part numbers will be in the XXX-XXXX number format
Ike, Sounds like you already knew about this. The part number format is CRUCIAL to getting the part to show up.

Thanks Lucky Dog. This will help a lot of us.
Jerry :beer::beer:
Just trying to help.

I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!

hoop

Sears online is just the middleman, for the most part. The parts come "Direct" from a supplier, thru their website and they get a piece of the action.

Isaac-1

Yeah, it is fairly common knowledge over on the Smokstak Onan generator board, someone found it a couple of years ago.

DJE is the civilian version of the DJE-M engine used in the MEP-002a (The DJF would be the civilian version of the engine used in the MEP-003a, but does not exist, closest would be RDJF or DJC depending on the part your looking for.

Ike

p.s. if you have an old style Onan pre-1970's part number like lets say 900-150 convert it to 900-0150 (the example used is the part number for UR series service manual)

Last edited:

M725

So, I googled some part numbers for the gaskets I need to fix my compression problem. ( http://www.steelsoldiers.com/auxiliary-equipment/83566-compression-testing-mep-002a-003a.html for details )

I couldn't believe SEARS Parts Direct was hit.

Hey, I can take a chance. I checked for the other gaskets. Yep, lots of them there and web says "In Stock".

I called the Rep and asked if they were ONAN parts. She said yes, manufacturer is Onan Corp. Don't know why or how they got them but hey...

I checked some other parts and they show up in stock too.

Not everything shows up as in stock.
Glow plugs using the TM part number (33-0104) don't but using the correct PN (Onan engine) they showed up.

Gaskets I needed were as cheap as any other site.
Some parts I found only at SEARS, and price was reasonable.
Some parts are :tin hat:crazy priced

Caveat Emptor, but worth checking out.

tags: MEP-002A MEP-003A ONAN DJE DJF
That glow plug # is bad. When I did a search it does not exist at sears or anywhere else.

Hey luckydog good find. Just read your post.What is the Onan P/N for the valve cover gasket. I am looking to get a few spares and if I can get them at a reasonable price all the better.
metalworker393

LuckyDog

If you have the TM for the unit (9-6115-584-24P), column 5 is the description. Usually there is a part number or numbers under the description. The 5 digit code in column 6 is the CAGE code of the manufacture. BINCS is a website I use to find out who the manufacturer is. Sometimes that helps in locating a part.

Onan P/N for the valve cover gasket is 115-0130

screejunk

I just bought 2 of the valve cover gaskets.

Thanks LuckeyDog! Great find.
Sorry, I was trolling for glow plugs. The valve cover gasket is indeed there. I am expecting a shipment of MEP002A and MEP003A head glow plugs in very soon, so will be carrying them...new old stock. Definitely worth stocking up on an extra set for your unit. I am still researching a solution using a less expensive readily available glow plug for a long-term solution.

PA GasPasser

Help me out here please. If I understand this right then the intake gasket is part number 154-0733 as per the TM on this website that I downloaded--figure 35 on page 120 item number 3.

Did I get that right?

Thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks