• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DJE YOU Won't believe where I found parts

Jimc

i went to my napa here and check just for the **** of it. i had to give the guy 2 days so he could dig. he could not get champion and he cross referenced the specs with all other brands and found nothing. since wellmen/dieselrx stopped making them seems like the ch42 is it. if im not mistaken champion quit making them as well. all thats left is what has already been produced so if you find em reasonable grab extras. i got lucky and recently found someone that didnt know what they had selling 20 or so of them on ebay for $6 each. i bought every one of em.

Munchies

If I were to order some surplus glow plug kits would folks be interested in getting more than 1-2? Hoping to get some good prices back and be able to offer them at a decent price if they are needed so bad.

I dont use glowplugs hardly at all. My meps still start very easy at 35* which is as cold as it gets here. Curious to see how they behave after I move up to Utah.

robkiller

If I were to order some surplus glow plug kits would folks be interested in getting more than 1-2? Hoping to get some good prices back and be able to offer them at a decent price if they are needed so bad.

I dont use glowplugs hardly at all. My meps still start very easy at 35* which is as cold as it gets here. Curious to see how they behave after I move up to Utah.
I will test to see if I need any. I am willimg to bet I will need a few. If I do I would be interested for sure. Let me know what they would cost.

Jasonz in MO

I have the CH42's and as TucsonVTXF indicated they don't come with the copper gaskets. I made some using a cut and flattened out copper water pipe and a hand metal punch. Took a few to get the center hole concentric but they worked.

robkiller

How much can you get them for and when? I need all 4. they all tested 6-8 ohms

robkiller

I have the CH42's and as TucsonVTXF indicated they don't come with the copper gaskets. I made some using a cut and flattened out copper water pipe and a hand metal punch. Took a few to get the center hole concentric but they worked.
Would you be able to make a few more of those copper rings and send some out? The funny thing i found when looking into my glow plugs not working is that i never did see a copper washer or any washer on any of the 4 glow plugs. Unless they stated inside the unit when i pulled them out.

Jimc

rob you can order the copper gaskets right from mcmaster carr for a couple bucks per 10pk. here is the part #94397A542

it could be that there are no gaskets on your plugs but its also very possible they are still stuck in the head. they like to do that.

robkiller

I took them out and they glow perfect after 15-20 sec. So I would think they are ok. What concerns me is what happend to the washers? If I dont have washers how much would that effect my compression?

storeman

The washers are likely stuck in the chambers. Just tighten to specs on the washers that are stuck in there and go with it. 80% solution. Likely no impact on compression.
Jerry

TPK

The washers are likely stuck in the chambers. Just tighten to specs on the washers that are stuck in there and go with it. 80% solution. Likely no impact on compression.
Jerry
Lost one of the glow plug washers when I accidently dropped it on the ground yesterday, so
I just ordered a box of glow plugs (10) and a bag of copper washers.
I'm going to have extra if anyone needs them. PM me.

Jimc

just curious where you ended up getting your glow plugs. i know there have been some issues recently with being able to find them.

bsorcs

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I tried the SearsPartsDirect route a few minutes ago. A plug kit for $104.97 showed up when I input 333-0107. Tried to learn via chat how many plugs were in the kit...no image or info on the page. Chat ended after I was not able to supply a model number; the chatter bailed.

TPK

I ordered them from Race-Mart, but their website is a little misleading. It lists them for $15 apiece but they are actually more than that and you have to buy a pack of ten. Also they are back-ordered, as they are at most places. I called the Champion factory (not called Champion anymore, BTW) and they said that they are quite a bit back-ordered on them, and that they only produce them once in awhile. They are due to fill "some" orders in the next few weeks.
All of the GP "kits" I have personally seen consist of one plug, one washer, and a crimp on wire connector and crimp-on blade terminal. These are not the weather-protected outdoor-type terminals, but the cheapo indoor rated non-sealed type.