• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Do we have an official Bobbed Deuce picture thread? If not, here it is! Post em!

sluggish

For all you guys that have bobbed your deuce, has anyone done it and kept the middle axle in it's original position or does everyone move it back a bit? I assume most of you move it in order to line up the wheelbase with the trailer fender position. Or does it have to be moved because you are changing out the springs and it will cause other issues I am not aware of. I'd like to see one that leaves it in the original spot. Or does everyone leave it in the original spot and my eyes are just playing tricks on me? Anyone??

Draftjim

WOW Thanks for sharing those pics.
I really like to be reminded of the different size between the trucks and Jeeps.
WHEN I pull the trigger it will be a bobbed deuce.

188slo50

I just joined SS cause I bought a m101 trailer and now I want a bobbed deuce. Is there any more pics of ones with the full length just switched to single rear axel and 395's, I've only seen 2 pics?

desertfox

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bobber

Do not remember if I posted up photos of my bobber, so here goes. Electric wipers, lockout hubs, detroit locker, MRAP seats, muffler, receiver hitch, upgraded oil filter system. It started life as an M109A3 with a machine shop inside, geared towards gunsmithing. The M105 trailer bed was new. My buddy and I flew to Boise, ID and drove it back to southern NM in the middle of winter. In the paperwork received it revealed only 100 mi since the complete rebuild, and upgrade to A3.

Attachments

desertfox

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is not much expense involved on the conversion. There is more labor involved than money. Unfortunately I did not take blow by blow photos of the conversion like I am on the cummins in a M1028. Most of the articles on this conversion are missing most small detail photos and explanations. And thanks for the "attaboy".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks