• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Do we have an official Bobbed Deuce picture thread? If not, here it is! Post em!

4XDesign

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's just "Awesome" !!! How did you run your torque rods ? I can see how the first and last axles would work, but the center axle would have to float between the two. How did you do it ? Need lots of pictures !
I guess I need to kick off a build thread. It's going to get a little better but I really like it! Thanks

SteelWarrior

SO, Call me crazy but Although I love the look of the Deuce, the cab is a bit too slim for fitting much in there in the way of gear for camping and such. I had the idea (again, crazy, I know) to widen the cab at the front to be almost as wide as the fenders - then run it back into a double cab - wondering how that would look. My photoshop skills (at least that type) are pretty rusty or I might attempt an image mod. - How about it C&C and you other pro Modders - ever heard or seen of something like that or do people just skip the hassle and go with a 5 ton? (where's the fun in that?). - I was just thinking,, oh, did I type that out loud?

rustystud

SO, Call me crazy but Although I love the look of the Deuce, the cab is a bit too slim for fitting much in there in the way of gear for camping and such. I had the idea (again, crazy, I know) to widen the cab at the front to be almost as wide as the fenders - then run it back into a double cab - wondering how that would look. My photoshop skills (at least that type) are pretty rusty or I might attempt an image mod. - How about it C&C and you other pro Modders - ever heard or seen of something like that or do people just skip the hassle and go with a 5 ton? (where's the fun in that?). - I was just thinking,, oh, did I type that out loud?
I believe a lot of us would love a wider cab in the deuce. Especially those of us who have added a few pounds since our days in the military !
I should tell you the story of how I had three people in my deuce (including me) . This female Captain insisted she ride in the lead truck (mine) . She had to ride in the middle. The rest of the story gets a little racy.

4XDesign

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Inline6359,

You need a 4" lift block to make the truck sit level with M105 springs.

http://www.xm381.com/Build_Images/1971_AM_General_files/DSC_0389.

View attachment 701209
I typically use 105 springs and M35 front hangers. The packs themselves are the same height as M35 fronts. It's just the manner in which you hang them. They allow a little better ride as well. Here is a pic of a spring perch on a truck I'm rebobbing. No U bolts were used... not good! They just had bolts to the plates then a top plate on the springs. Oh and while I was tearing it apart I found that the axle gears are welded solid.
IMG_2089.jpg

Attachments

Inline6359

Inline6359,

You need a 4" lift block to make the truck sit level with M105 springs.

http://www.xm381.com/Build_Images/1971_AM_General_files/DSC_0389.

View attachment 701209

I thought about a lift block, but with as much weight as I have put in this truck, the 105 springs are not ideal. I found a company out west who will make me a set of custom springs at any rating I desire for about 600 for the pair. I just need to get around to measuring for them. That and honestly I haven't. Even able to find a place with a 4 inch block.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks