• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Do we have an official Bobbed Deuce picture thread? If not, here it is! Post em!

MO MV man

I sure like the look of the stock bed shortened for a change. Great looking truck MOMVMAN! What size tires did you go with on your truck ?
CT
Hey CT!

Thanks for the compliment.
You have NO idea how pleased I am with the finished product.
I've had it to three car shows in the past month and I'm positively slammed with curious folks asking all sorts of questions and pouring on the compliments....makes all the blood and sweat worthwhile. :beer:
Folks LOVE that shorted Deuce bed, too.
Did I mention my troop seats still work. :cool:

Tires are Michelin XML's, 395/85R20's.
Love 'em! They work fantastic.

frdmdfndr

Wow, you boys and your trucks have me drooling. I can't wait until next summer when I get back so I can get started. I have so many ideas in my head, I just don't know how many of them will be feasible when I actually get busy. Seeing pictures of those bobbed off 5 tons certainly got me thinking another direction, but I'm afraid that may be too much truck for a DD that I'm planning. I'll be staying tuned to this thread for sure.

R/
Chief Out

airmech3839

Hello all,

I JUST finished mine. Got the big wheels and tires on last weekend.
Other than the occasional "extra set of hands" to lift the big stuff, I did it all myself.
I'm not a big M105 or M101 bed fan so I stuck with shortening the stocker three feet.
I shortened the troop seats accordingly.....AND they still function perfectly.

A BIG thanks to Rodney Feltz for taking care of me with the wheels, tires and Deuce front suspension for the bob.
Couldn't have done it without him.
And MANY thanks to everyone on SS who gave me much-needed input.

That is a nice truck and I to like the look of the cut down bed.. not a fan of the 105 at all!! If I was gonna bob one I would cut the bed down. What do you do for a spare? would one of those fit in the spare spot and still have clearance?

RANDYDIRT

WOW! :shock:

That looks outstanding, RANDYDIRT.
When it's done, it'll look like a restoration, not a modified Deuce.

Which bed will you use?
Great job. :beer:
Mo Man, I am (to the chagrin of some folks) gonna use a 105 bed. I have it almost ready to mount. Just trying to find some oak for the runners. I think that if I build another one I will build a dumper or go with a 101 for a "shorty" look.

Dirt

yak50pilot

Thread title says it all. Posts your bobbed deuce pics here please.

I don't have a deuce, but I have my heart set on one. My life isn't going to be complete until I have one in my possession.
You have the right line of thinking and you will go far

send an e mail . Guy that have seen it will vouch!

MO MV man

Mo Man, I am (to the chagrin of some folks) gonna use a 105 bed. I have it almost ready to mount. Just trying to find some oak for the runners. I think that if I build another one I will build a dumper or go with a 101 for a "shorty" look.

Dirt
Hey RANDYDIRT,

That's the beauty of these bobbers-the only limit is your imagination and there is no "one way" to build them.
You like the M105? Roll with it and enjoy it!
I'd go out on a limb to say that is the most popular bed choice.

More often than not, folks ask me if my bed dumps.
I tell you what.....that sure is tempting the more I think about it.
C&C Equipment did a SWEET shortened stock bed (just like mine) that dumps.
Maybe in the future.....:cool:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks