• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Does anyone have tow bar dimensions?

harleyrkc

I tried the search function and didn't have any luck. I'm going to look at a pair of tow bars here locally. But I don't know what the dimensions of the original deuce tow bars were. Length, width, pin hole sizes on bar and adaptors? I was already told there a little over 4' long and slightly over 100 lbs. each.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The medium towbar with single adapters and all the pins will come in just under the 140# mark. If you attach both adapters to the swing arms and nothing to the lunette arm each piece will come in just under 70#, the magic number the brown truck drivers charge excess to exceed.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
At the lunette end there is a one inch pin. The legs are adjustable in length, those pins are 3/4 inch. The ends where the "feet" attach is one inch again.