• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Doghead's 77 GMC 6000

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not sure where my truck fits in here. Its a former ARMY truck,1977 GMC 6000 that had a box on the back. I bought an unused (surplus), Deuce & 1/2 cargo box. Then I salvaged hardware and hydraulics's from a 50's FWD dump box, and made a new dump frame. A pintle and "reese"hitch were added to the rear. It has 62000 miles on it. It has a 350 ci gas engine.4 speed trans and 6.77:1 rearend.(55mph@3500 rpm) I (my well technically endowed wife) posted a few pics in the photo album. I'll (she will) add more action pics in the future.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for looking!

m.walker

It's cool , everyone needs a good work truck ! Besides you'll need it to haul home your duece project , you won't be dueceless forever . Once you decide you want an MV it doesn't take long before you start acquiring parts , trucks , etc. Alot of times my F350 isn't enough you need a bigger truck like your's ( especially towing ) and the dumps a definate bonus . It only snowballs from here , Mark.

M35guy

yup. you'll probably soon find that you want a bigger motor in the truck though, a 350 gas engine in a truck this size, not much fun. if ya lay your hands on a multifuel motor, and a different tranny, stick it in there and have fun.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks