• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Doghead's 77 GMC 6000

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not sure where my truck fits in here. Its a former ARMY truck,1977 GMC 6000 that had a box on the back. I bought an unused (surplus), Deuce & 1/2 cargo box. Then I salvaged hardware and hydraulics's from a 50's FWD dump box, and made a new dump frame. A pintle and "reese"hitch were added to the rear. It has 62000 miles on it. It has a 350 ci gas engine.4 speed trans and 6.77:1 rearend.(55mph@3500 rpm) I (my well technically endowed wife) posted a few pics in the photo album. I'll (she will) add more action pics in the future.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for looking!

m.walker

It's cool , everyone needs a good work truck ! Besides you'll need it to haul home your duece project , you won't be dueceless forever . Once you decide you want an MV it doesn't take long before you start acquiring parts , trucks , etc. Alot of times my F350 isn't enough you need a bigger truck like your's ( especially towing ) and the dumps a definate bonus . It only snowballs from here , Mark.

M35guy

yup. you'll probably soon find that you want a bigger motor in the truck though, a 350 gas engine in a truck this size, not much fun. if ya lay your hands on a multifuel motor, and a different tranny, stick it in there and have fun.