• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

dont buy my parts......thanks PAYPAL

watkinssr

I have been on epay since 2000, and I have never had a problem. Well, there was one… When I bought a Russian military compass, from the Ukraine after 9/11... It was tied up in customs forever because the phosphorus face was “radioactive”.

Wow, I just realized I have posted three times in this thread, and have not said anything constructive.

You are correct on nearly all of your points, but to debate it here would be treading on dangerous ground, and apologies to CAPSARME for the jacking here. I would just love to see an auction site that catered exclusively to the MV hobby. (besides GL).

BTW, watkinssr, loved your write-up on the starter.
Thanks, I'll be glad when I'm finally get to drive this thing.

papercu

Paypal is NOT the only payment source for ebay, there are several others
and for vehicles a paypal payment is not recommended and is not required.
Bash them all you want but keep the facts straight. Wayne

watkinssr

Paypal is NOT the only payment source for ebay, there are several others
and for vehicles a paypal payment is not recommended and is not required.
Bash them all you want but keep the facts straight. Wayne
True, but you are required to take ebay payments for things other than vehicles. So while you can accept other sources, you cant deny them if they want to pay by paypal.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As with any aucton (online and live) you've got to have buyers and sellers. It's kind of the "chicken and the egg" thing. Buyers won't come if you don't have anything to sell but sellers won't sell unless they have buyers. If you can find a way to get the buyers to come and bid the sellers will come. I have no idea how to do that.

Do you know that when you list an item in the classifieds you have the option to do an auction? I have no idea how it works but it is an option. I've thought about putting a low value item up for auction just to see how it worked and if I'd get any bids. If you want to start a MV auction site I say jump in and list your items here :D.

CAPSARME

i applied for the Paypal debit card.

In doing so they want to verify my identity, by means of emailing a copy of my drivers license, social security card, and a pay check stub.

I thought it was fraud, and called them. It is not fraud, its something new there compliance department is doing.

I refuse to send that kind of information ANY WHERE!!!

i didnt have to send that much info to get my passport!!

watkinssr

You DO NOT have to take paypal (granted you won't sell as much without taking paypal) but ebay does not force anyone to take paypal.
You can read here:
Accepted Payments Policy
Wayne
I stand corrected, they have backed off of this. For a while they WERE requireing paypal to be one of your options, I did not know they have changed. Now you only have to accept one of the following:
PayPal
ProPay
Moneybookers
Paymate
Credit card or debit card processed through the seller's Internet merchant account

I think only paypal and the credit card option would be practical.

watkinssr

i applied for the Paypal debit card.

In doing so they want to verify my identity, by means of emailing a copy of my drivers license, social security card, and a pay check stub.

I thought it was fraud, and called them. It is not fraud, its something new there compliance department is doing.

I refuse to send that kind of information ANY WHERE!!!

i didnt have to send that much info to get my passport!!
That sucks. When i got my debit card, all I had to do is ask for it.
Since I get cash back on it, I use it to buy gas, grocerys, etc. It just pulls it out of my bank account as I use it.

If you're concerned about having it tied to your bank account, (I'm not in the least), a friend of mine just went down and opened up a seperate account at his bank for payapl. When he buys something he just transfers money from his main account into that one.

Dodge man

If you're concerned about having it tied to your bank account, (I'm not in the least), a friend of mine just went down and opened up a seperate account at his bank for payapl. When he buys something he just transfers money from his main account into that one.
That won't help. The banks automatically take money from ANY of your accounts to fund a different account if need be. Do a search, this has been discussed many times in the past.

poppop

You need to be concerned about you bank account being tyied to pay-pal. I bit on the verified line and gave them my account number. After that every time I bought something it was a direct draw from my account. Granted I could have and did specifiy and credit card as payment. Someone hacked my account and started making $100.00 payments to some vidieo game company. They got the $300.00 I had in Pay-pal and then it went to my bank account. They stopped at $800.00 but I am a Farmer. I had just sold my corn and had $30,000.00 in the account. I was lucky $800.00 was all they got. This issue is not resolved yet and it has been two years. Needless to say I am not verified now and never will be. I sold something to an SS Member and he paid with Pay-pal. I put my account back on just long enough to transfer the money and then removed it. If you have a seperate account that is just for pay-pal you will be Ok as long as you don't keep much money in it.